FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By Jonathan_
Does anyone here know where I can purchase proper CFL's for growing VFT's online or by retail? I am looking for CFL's that will have optimum Lumens and Wattage for growing VFT's. And is a 6500K CFL with a low wattage of 13W suitable?
By Avant
I'm currently using a 125 watt CFL 5500 lumens (i think) 6500 Kelvin. Using a reflector to help. It is a blue light? Can you grow VFTs under blue all year round? Would a weekly visit to the windowsill be enough to give it more spectrum? I can't have mine under the window at all times and under the light as well. It's one or the other. Majority of the time it's cloudy here, only get sun until 2-3ish and it's through a window so i thought a nice light setup would be better?

I went to my local hydro grow center "hydrogrow"
By SundewWolf
The 6500K is the correct value, but the 13 W seems a bit low. My CFLs are 23 W. Maybe as long as there is a high enough lumen output the wattage doesn't matter. I always have been getting them at hardware stores, I just look around a bit in the bulb section (Sylvania brand Daylight cfls). Those are enough to color up the red VFT's at least "halfway", kept 6 inches away.

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! A […]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Micrantha

I have eight happy micrantha babies from receiving[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Wow, the only ones my local nursery gets (SummerWi[…]

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bloo[…]

Sarracenia ID

They're either leucophylla or x moorei (flava x l[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!