FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss water requirements, "soil" (growing media) and suitable planting containers

Moderator: Matt

By Aozora
recently i got a condenser dryer because my old vented dryer died. the condenser dryer works by evaporating all the moisture in the clothes and pumps it into a water tank, which needs to be emptied every time.

the first few times emptying the water tank i just threw it away, but yesterday it made me wonder, if the water in the tank is water that has been evaporated that means that all the harmfull chemicals should have been removed from the water. so i went to test the tds of the water and it turned out to be 3TDS, which means it would be near perfect water for my cp's right?

but is it actually safe to use? has anyone ever tried something like this before?
By uusa2000
You should check that every time you collect water. Factor in the detergents residue and fabric softener that could be in that. Just my 2¢

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk
By Aozora
Update: its been a little over 2 months now since i started to use the water from my condenser dryer, so far so good. the water does smell like softener but does not seem to be harmfull for my plants.
Hello, New to the forum

Welcome to the forum! We have a horrible deer i[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Hello again, from Texas

Welcome back to the forum! Be sure to check out th[…]

Counting to infinity.

DragonsEye, I definitely did not know that, either[…]

All Mineral Media

I find pure turface stays too wet in my conditions[…]

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of mine[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!