FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By bijillon
I am starting an experiment on January 20, 2017. I am putting a keiki paste on my nepenthes nodes that are right above a leaf, if nothing happens his thread will get buried. For those of you who don't speak orchid, a keiki is a little plant that comes off of a flower spike, not very common for it to happen naturally. Thus why they sell a paste that enhances the chance of it happening. I am wondering if something will happen.

Happy Growing,

Dillon
bijillon liked this
By Wikiwakawakawee
Nice experiment! Now I'm really interested in seeing this happen, please update us as you go along with it! :D
By Adelaide
There was a thread on the CPUK forum about using keiki paste to increase heliamphora divisions. This is interesting, can't wait to see results!

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk
By DeadlyCarnivore
Adelaide wrote:There was a thread on the CPUK forum about using keiki paste to increase heliamphora divisions. This is interesting, can't wait to see results!

Did that work? With the Helis?

Sent from my SM-G935V
By Adelaide
It wasn't CPUK, my mistake.

By bijillon
UPDATE: it seems like one of the dormant nodes has expanded. Imagekeiki paste.Imageno keiki paste
The node has gotten notably swollen and looks to be growing.

Happy Growing,

Dillon
bijillon liked this
By Adelaide
Hard to tell with the quality of the second photo. Is this the same node? You really need a control to compare to - to know if it's working or not.

By bijillon
Not really I'll post more pics when I get home, I'll try putting more on the same node, I put rooting hormone on one node but nothing happened

Happy Growing,

Dillon
By bijillon
So a quick two years has passed since I started this experiment! The progress has been great and I am almost ready to separate and get some roots growing. This is perfect timing as in IB Biology right now we are looking at clones and we have to produce a clone from a plant. Of course everyone is doing succulents, but I have something more interesting up my sleeve. The lack of updates doesn’t help show the progress but here is a picture of it now 4/3/19. Again this was done with keiki paste, a hormone used to encourage keikis to develop on orchids and just thought this would be fun. Image
By Darkroom Denizen
What caused it to die? This experiment is extremely interesting and is something I've been curious about myself. I'm surprised at how well it seems to have gone. Also, do you remember the brand of keike paste you used?
Not what you would expect...

Is it the growth inside the condiment cup. ( I cal[…]

Is my Leigh Wilkerson sick?

Any ideas?

Unknown Sarr from CalCarn

Could be a Flava, probably hybrid. Maybe has some […]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Same, my local nursery gets a lot of them. Do you […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 days […]

I think my plant is dying!!!

But my plant I bought from the same place doesn't […]

Soil looks quite dry to me.

Yescom Altrnatives

always found this listing weird because it h[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!