FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Bhart90
Hey MrSleeves! I'm happy you received a wonderful plant to grow!
i, too, have one, bought it 2 months ago! I wouldn't be the go to person for this plant, very much on the bottom of the list! But from my experience, I have 3 different setups.
1 with all lfsm as media topped with live! And it's doing amazing! My other ones
1. Is coco coir/sane/topped live lfsm
And last is strictly coir/sand.
they do like wellllll drained media. I prefer to flush mine weekly (ish) with cold RO water to prevent anything negative from building up!
the leaves will get red if they receive an abundance of light as well.
This guide is very you relevant and helpful!

http://www.flytrapcare.com/phpBB3/cepha ... t1936.html
By Nauz
Give it good healthy lighting, if using fluorescents or something that gives off a lot of heat try not to get it too close or it will cook your plants. Everyone else here has posted good information.
By coffeenflowers
I bought the same clone last month. California Carnivores cephs are well hardened. They keep them in the greenhouse for a while before selling them. Mine have no issues acclimating to windowsill conditions (but for me, I have humidity in the range of 40-80%). If you have similar conditions, you may not need to bag the plant.

I water when the soil on top seems a little dry but not completely dry (it feels moist and spongy when wet, kind of hard when it dries out) which is usually about once a week for me. I top water and let the plant sit in the overflow for a few minutes--then I remove the water.
By MrSleeves
Is it normal to turn red so quickly? It has only been 5 days since bringing them home?
By Fishkeeper
Looks like the healthy kind of red- probably a good sign.
By MrSleeves
It has only been like 4 days. I guess as long as it isn't too much light. Just never seen a CP turn red so fast. Even like n.miranda that likes to turn deep red doesn't turn remotely close to as fast. Also what about the gel mold algae? Remove? Keep an eye on it?
By MrSleeves
Benurmanii wrote:
MrSleeves wrote:I guess as long as it isn't too much light.
No such thing!

Also, I wouldn't worry aout algae. If you top water often, if should keep it at bay.
Right now I have it in a bag even though my house is usually around 50% RH. So I haven't watered it since I got it 4 days ago. But I guess in a few weeks when I start watering it we will see what happens with the algae

id just leave it on its own and itll either sort i[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! A […]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Micrantha

I have eight happy micrantha babies from receiving[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Wow, the only ones my local nursery gets (SummerWi[…]

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bloo[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!