FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about terrariums, mini bogs, greenhouses and other growing environments

Moderator: Matt

By Hungry Plants
Hello all. I got a good deal on one of those fore shelf indoor greenhouses($16). I was having a problem with low humidity. It would get to 20% or so at best. Now in the greenhouse it's getting up to 90% but more like 85% for the most part. At what point should I start worrying about it being to high. I have some sundews, vary yung flytrap, N. Ventrata and a Philinopsis in there. Any tips would be great.
By bijillon
Sundews should be out of humidity, maybe baby flytraps are ok to be in there and definitely the ventrata and philinopsis should go in there asap

Happy Growing,

Dillon
By w03
As long as the air doesn't get stagnant I don't think high humidity should be a problem. For sundews in particular, it sort of depends on species. You might get weak growth on something like D. binata, but there's also species (e.g. Queensland sisters) that could be fine even at 100%.
By Hungry Plants
I just picked up a little desk fan. It looks like a mini round floor fan. Its about fore inch or so. I ziptied it to the top corner and pointed it down at an angle. Do you think that will work or should I bring it down closer to my grow shelf?

Thanks everybody for all your advices and giving m[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

I have found neps to be slow, especially when they[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , You can send me the info sure, thank[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Here we have a volunteer who is sharing their flyt[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

This is the best I can offer since I do not grow i[…]

You should post one in the photo contest. I would […]

Along with that ^^^^, something I had heard to m[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1644. I'll PM[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!