FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Say hello and tell everyone a bit about yourself.

Moderator: Matt

By CJSully
Hello everyone! Only last year I started to take an interest in carnivorous plants and thankfully Seattle has a wonderful shop that had a great variety for me to start out with that are all still doing fairly well, including a King Henry, an Akai Ryu, a pitcher plant, and a sundew. The climate here seems perfect for them but I'm moving to Colorado in the beginning of April where things are a lot different regarding humidity, altitude, and overall temperatures. I'm currently trying to figure out a good way to transport them since it's a 2-3 day drive with a moving truck and how to acclimate them properly once we're there.

A little about me, I'm a creature designer and illustrator in the gaming industry (both tabletop and video games) who specializes in painting monsters - many of which get inspiration from my beloved plants. I travel around the US selling my work at conventions year round and it's a lot of fun. I've always had a green thumb but once I got these traps I was hooked on carnivorous plants.

I'm excited to be a part of this community where people are excited about these plants because my friends all think I'm crazy because of it, hahaha! :D
CJSully liked this
By Shadowtski
Welcome to the forum. There are a lot of nice people here. You can probably find the answer to any CP question you can think of. If searching the forum doesn't yield any answers, ask and someone will most likely jump in to answer.

Good growing,
Mike
Shadowtski liked this
By Adelaide
Welcome! I will also be moving to Colorado, but from Ohio.
Adelaide liked this
By Matt
Welcome to FlytrapCare!
CJSully wrote:I'm currently trying to figure out a good way to transport them since it's a 2-3 day drive with a moving truck and how to acclimate them properly once we're there.
I've done that before! But we actually move to Oregon from Colorado. I rented an extra large U-Haul so that I could set all of the plants on the bed of the truck.

Growing in Colorado is actually pretty easy because of all of the sun. The high altitude makes the sun a little harder on them, but they acclimate to it quickly.
Matt liked this
By CJSully
Growing in Colorado is actually pretty easy because of all of the sun. The high altitude makes the sun a little harder on them, but they acclimate to it quickly.
Thank you for the advice! I actually think the place we got our plants from in Seattle (Indoor Sun Shoppe) recommended your flytrap site for purchasing new plants and general care/know-how so I appreciate the response. I'm eager to get to Colorado because I'm holding off on ordering some exciting new varieties until we're settled in. Ironically, where we'll be staying with family out east in Colorado for a while happens to have a pretty severe fly problem during the warmer months so the plants will be more active than ever! (I'll be getting one of your massive King Henry plants along with some big pitchers for the larger house flies the moment we park the moving truck. :D)
CJSully liked this
Nep/Heli bundle

All the plants listed will be up for sale for $75 […]

Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

the media looks like peat? Did you add water and f[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Counting to infinity.

Beautiful - nice to see your signs of spring!!

Completely agree on the Lowe’s BetterGrow vs[…]

Brushes For Pollination

Yep, I use cotton buds too, I find it easier to di[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!