FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By archimago
My first successful germination. I count seven so far.
By Veronis
Congrats! :)

How long ago did you sow them and under what conditions did they germinate (fluorescents, partial sun..)?

I've got some on the way that should arrive in a couple days. I'm set up and ready - I just need to open the packet and plop them into my already-prepared 1:1 peat/sand medium. Will be using strong fluorescents myself.
By archimago
I first sowed about 300 seeds on straight peat under full sun. August storm came through and blew the pot into my fish pond.
After pulling the pot out and sorting through the mess, I found about 50 seeds. these were placed in a smaller pot in a 1 gallon fish tank under a cfl. The CFL is a GE Helical 10w. I surrounded the fish tank with aluminum foil to capture as much light as possible.

I am currently in negotiations with my wife for the use of our south facing, kitchen window.
By archimago
An update on my seedlings. They are doing well.

I also have some leave pullings that are showing positive signs. Out of 4 leaves I have nubs forming on 2.
By nesler
Matt wrote:
archimago wrote:I am currently in negotiations with my wife for the use of our south facing, kitchen window.
Hah! Good luck with that. I'm very lucky in that regard. Leah let's me take over pretty much everything! :D
Yeah, I'm pretty fortunate as well. My girlfriend isn't a big fan of the industrial heat lamps I'm using for my bulbs on the terrarium, so we went to Home Depot and she suggested that I get one of these for the back bedroom:

It's a six foot tall (16" x 36" x 72") shelving system with five adjustable shelves, each capable of holding 350 pounds (a total of 1750 pounds).

I was rather incredulous when she made the offer and asked me if I felt like that was a fair trade. All I could think to say was, "Mmmmmm...... mayyyyyybe." ;)

And she even wants a terrarium for the living room -- she just wants more attractive lighting on it. :)
By MichaelG
I would fall all over myself if my boyfriend/husband showed interest in carnivorous plants.

I'm actually stringing along this one guy because he's a horticulture major and gives me divisions of his plants!! At least sometimes I trade my agaves for his plants... tomorrow we're making a big trade of several agaves and a VFT for a drosera or two, a coffee plant, and two sarracenias. I think he'll bring more to impress me though :)
By nesler
"I have brought you an offering..."

Hello everyone! Looking for D. anglica plants for […]

Is This What To Look For?

Correct.

https://i.imgur.com/iSo5l71.jpeg https://i.imgu[…]

Unknown pest?

Those little bugs sound like they could be springt[…]

Thoughts on Predatory Plants

i have a 10 or so neps. i got from them, always he[…]

Anyone had experience with these cultivars? Venus[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

Let me put a couple things together and I will pos[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!