FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By kayetorio
I have a few young VFTs and not sure how much sunlight to give them. I have settled my plants indoors instead of moving them in and out of my house (as suggested by a user from another thread). Is it okay to expose them to sunlight the whole day?

I am more concerned with my red traps and alien traps as they are still small, is it okay to give them sunlight the whole day? I'm afraid they might burn and die.

I'll attach a photo of my set-up. My plants are near a window that gets sunlight starting at 10am onwards. I'm not sure what direction the window is facing as I have no sense of direction (haha!)

I will also attach a photo of my mature VFTs, let me know if they look healthy.
Attachments:
This two however, I give them sunlight the whole day, they don't seem to have a problem with it tho.
This two however, I give them sunlight the whole day, they don't seem to have a problem with it tho.
IMG_9401.JPG (1.08 MiB) Viewed 879 times
My Red Traps, photo fron the left is its actual size, photo from the right is a zoomed version since its still too young. How much sunlight do I give this one? I'm afraid that they might get sunburned in my set-up
My Red Traps, photo fron the left is its actual size, photo from the right is a zoomed version since its still too young. How much sunlight do I give this one? I'm afraid that they might get sunburned in my set-up
IMG_9404.JPG (1.44 MiB) Viewed 879 times
My Alien Traps, still young. How much sunlight do they need?
My Alien Traps, still young. How much sunlight do they need?
IMG_9397.JPG (1.32 MiB) Viewed 879 times
My indoor set-up, sunlight hits the window from 10am onwards.
My indoor set-up, sunlight hits the window from 10am onwards.
IMG_9407.JPG (852.78 KiB) Viewed 879 times
By Big-Jack
Look healthy to me. The windows probably cut down on UV so I wouldn't worry about too much sun. The alien babies are getting big enough now that you can cut back on the water. The moss looks completely saturated and could promote rot since they are indoors with little air circulation.
Big-Jack liked this
By kayetorio
Big-Jack wrote:....The moss looks completely saturated and could promote rot since they are indoors with little air circulation.
I was about to post another thread about that. But since you mentioned it, how do I prevent my moss from turning green, indoors? They look dangerous. I plan to repot them in coco peat, and am in the process of rinsing it since sphagnum moss is not available in my country.
Basal shoots cutting questions

Took 5 basal shoots off the mother that were rootl[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

For me it grew tall leaves with small traps, but v[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

the media looks like peat? Did you add water and f[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Counting to infinity.

Beautiful - nice to see your signs of spring!!

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!