FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By MrSleeves
This one leaf has had this for months since I picked it up. Didn't think much of it as it continued to have new growth and leaves were fine till I noticed today that leaves 2 down from the froth point are starting to get them. Some kind of disease or mite?
By hollyhock
It looks like fungal leaf spot. When you have a lot of moisture and poor air circulation these can develop.. You should probably stop misting the foliage. Get a fan to circulate the air. You should isolate that plant to keep anything from spreading. For houseplants removal of the affected leaves is recommended, or you can try a more traditional treatment by spraying with a mild solution of bicarbonate of soda (baking soda), using ½ teaspoon per gallon of water.
By MrSleeves
That's weird. My other 2 alata's r fine and I do have plenty of air circulation. It must of been something the plant had when I purchased this one about 8 months ago. Thanks for the tips. Let me know if anyone else has any other ideas
By Hungry Plants
Here is my two cents and I may be way off. Could it be from spraying it then it being under the heat of the light. Is it more under the light than the other two. What I'm getting at is. Could it be the heat from the light reacting with the water and giving it like a sun burn where the droplets sit.
By Smooter80
If there is a fungal issue, keeping the leaves wet by misting 5x per day will only add to the problem.

I would also be concerned why an alata (commonly actually X ventrata) you've had for 8 months wasn't pitchering.
By MrSleeves
No actually it gets way less sun than most and all the others. This plant didn't have any pitchers when purchased and hasn't made one since. But I attribute that to it sitting on a north facing window
By Tarzanus
I've seen similar on orchids. At the time, I thought the reason was overwatering. The problem went away on it's own eventually.

If it sits on the north facing window, try placing them into a bit more sun lit location. Is there any cool drift from the window? Heat source below it?
By MrSleeves
If I had a south facing window they would all be in that window. Lol. No heat source below and not really a cool drift except maybe the cold glass itself

Here is a fun pest control tip. Windex kills ants […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!