FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By yimmy87
Still doing good got to give the dead pitchers a trim in the morning i did a top water day before yesterday and for got to put them back in the humidity box so they got yet another big shock went from 100 % to about 20% for a day and half it seems to have had a horrable effect on them not sure if they will pull through but they are tough plant so i have some hope

Just Fuzzy
By Nauz
yimmy87 wrote:Still doing good got to give the dead pitchers a trim in the morning i did a top water day before yesterday and for got to put them back in the humidity box so they got yet another big shock went from 100 % to about 20% for a day and half it seems to have had a horrable effect on them not sure if they will pull through but they are tough plant so i have some hope

Just Fuzzy
Show us some pics yimmy
By yimmy87
Will when i get time to thease 84 hour weeks are sucking so bad soon as i get a break from the work and aint dead when i get home i will shoot lots of pics and show them off they are doing ok for the most part just droped a few pitchers and got a good shock they will be ok just be a little longer before they are back on track like they were all of the ones that i posted pics of last time are still alive and doing ok so any way guys i hope every one had a great turkey day and that you have a great Christmas also thanks for all of the help over the corse of this learning experince and for being so patient with all of the questions and my general unpreparedness lol thanks guys and gals

Just Fuzzy
By yimmy87
So i guess this will be my last update on the cephalotus all perished. They had started to bounce back so well i even took a few pics ro show the progress then disaster once again my cat literally ate them she got into the plant room and i did not notice till the next morning when i got up to go to work walked in to check on them and there sits ash cat dirt all over her face and every ceph pot is on the floor not even a root left she is now a outside cat but i will try again in spring when it warms up some and its safe to ship them again so lesson i learned. Keep the cat away from your plants i hope everyone has a good Christmas and a happy new year dont guess i will i have to work on Christmas but it is what it is thanks for all of the help guys and sorry for letting you down.

Just Fuzzy
yimmy87 liked this
By yimmy87
No hes still barley with us i have 2 leaf pulling just in case my dad spent almost 2 months in the hospital and to be honest my plants were the last thing on my mind the bigboy is the only surivor atm took some root cutting and used cloning gell on the others so maybe something will come back but as of now the bigboy is the only plant i have that is alive with any green leaves its trying to shoot a pitcher out so maybe it will make it

Just Fuzzy
By Nauz
yimmy87 wrote:No hes still barley with us i have 2 leaf pulling just in case my dad spent almost 2 months in the hospital and to be honest my plants were the last thing on my mind the bigboy is the only surivor atm took some root cutting and used cloning gell on the others so maybe something will come back but as of now the bigboy is the only plant i have that is alive with any green leaves its trying to shoot a pitcher out so maybe it will make it

Just Fuzzy
My condolences man, I hope he's alright. Good luck with recovery it's all so sad for your situation. If you need any advice just hit me up.

Nauz
By yimmy87
Will do brother im guessing root tec cloning gell is ok. Its been a bad time for us. Thank You Nauz

Just Fuzzy
By yimmy87
Update

So i have signs of life. The pic is going to be blury, but this is on one of the cutting from the Big Boy. So fingers crossed even more now.

That green spot is a growth point i know its blurry but its the best i can do with my phone
Just Fuzzy
By yimmy87
Thank you Nancy. I guess I need all of the luck I can get.

Just Fuzzy
By yimmy87
Ok so the green that I had went all cloudy and died. R.I.P. Nacz didn't have any thing to sell so I ordered some from the ebay they arrived today. I plan to do my best to keep them going and to learn from my mistakes the first time so please wish me luck once again and if they do well in a few months I plan on doing my first give away. Nancy and Nacz be prepared for questions lol thanks guys

Just Fuzzy
By yimmy87

When I get home i will post pic of how they look.

Just Fuzzy
Atlanta Georgia Meetup

Supply the air fare and lodging and I will be ther[…]

Here's the one seedling that I managed to get grow[…]

What’s happening

Btw, if you seed a flower stalk suddenly start sho[…]

Expanding the Garden

That's looking great!!! Some good-looking soil!!![…]

Counting to infinity.

Ive been searching the web for perlite for two day[…]

SASE sent, whoops, time got away from me there

Another eBay Deal

This will be interesting to see how it turns out, […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!