FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions on how to propagate your plants sexually and asexually, by seed, natural division or leaf pulling

Moderator: Matt

By Hungry Plants
Hello Im new to growing and was wondering how often you open your grow boxes to let fresh air in.
By Shadowtski
I grow mostly Drosera and other sticky leaved plants. I grow them in open, uncovered tanks and out in the open. The only time I use closed vessels is to germinate seeds or to acclimate new plants. But, in those circumstances, I open the container once a day and give it some fresh air.

Good growing,
Mike
By Hungry Plants
They are D. Pulchetta (think I spelled that wrong) and they are just starting to really take shape. A few have a little fuzzy arm on them. Should I be taking the cover off?
By erikHIplants
Hungry Plants wrote:They are D. Pulchetta (think I spelled that wrong) and they are just starting to really take shape. A few have a little fuzzy arm on them. Should I be taking the cover off?
Probably depends on your ambient humidity, temperature, and personal conditions. My D. pulchella grow just fine out in the open, uncovered under t8 lighting.
By Hungry Plants
I have them under a 90w LED . Should I pull the cover off slowly over the next few days ?
By boarderlib
When I germinate seeds, I wait until they have at least 2 or 3 carnivorous leaves. Then I cut an inch off of the corner of the bag, a week later I cut another inch off of the bag. Usually after for our five weeks the top of the bag will be completely open. That's when I take the bag off.

http://www.flytrapcare.com/phpBB3/board ... 30434.html
http://www.flytrapcare.com/phpBB3/board ... 31990.html
Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

the media looks like peat? Did you add water and f[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Counting to infinity.

Beautiful - nice to see your signs of spring!!

Completely agree on the Lowe’s BetterGrow vs[…]

Brushes For Pollination

Yep, I use cotton buds too, I find it easier to di[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!