FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By PeteB
A couple of my vft got sunburnt in a recent heatwave. Whatt is the best thing to do, cut the affected leaves off and place them under shade cloth or just leave them institute and hope for got best . Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By steve booth
Depends on the sun intensity, where are you in the world? generally if the leaves are already burned, I would leave them out in the sun, the new leaves will be sun tolerant then.

Cheers
Steve
By PeteB
Thanks for your reply I,m in Johannesburg South Africa . I will post a couple of photos to see if it assists with my problem. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By Engimal
Your VFT will adapt to the sun. Just keep them hydrated and consider bringing them under the shade during the hottest part of the day (if it continues to get worse). I nearly guarantee they'll be okay though.
By crazidirtbiker
I have this issue every spring because im to impatient to acclimate my VFT's. I just put them straight outside after being in the garage all winter. After turning red and then brown the leaves will sometimes crack and split. I was concerned at first but after 4 yrs of seeing the same thing yr after yr at the begining of every summer i knew they would be ok. They always bouce back better then ever and all new growth will stay green. Like everyone said just keep it wet you will be fine.
Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

the media looks like peat? Did you add water and f[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Counting to infinity.

Beautiful - nice to see your signs of spring!!

Completely agree on the Lowe’s BetterGrow vs[…]

Brushes For Pollination

Yep, I use cotton buds too, I find it easier to di[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!