FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss water requirements, "soil" (growing media) and suitable planting containers

Moderator: Matt

By cjpflaumer
Earthy wrote:yea, I think WalMart stopped carrying the styro ones :( but you should still be able to maybe get some at a local gas station/bait store lol...I also have a cube cooler that a christmas ham was shipped in...
Yeah ill have to Google it to find one. Not much fishing in the direct vicinity of where I live haha. Especially in this California drought which closed some recreational lakes.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
By Sbrown72
Has anyone had any problems with the styrofoam cups blowing over? I'm looking to transplant my VFT this coming spring, I have been wondering if it would be a problem. Also what is everyone using for the tray, for both the cups and the coolers? Ty
By tommyr
Sbrown72 wrote:Has anyone had any problems with the styrofoam cups blowing over? I'm looking to transplant my VFT this coming spring, I have been wondering if it would be a problem. Also what is everyone using for the tray, for both the cups and the coolers? Ty
I use cat litter trays or similar trays about 3-4" high but they don't hold up to more than a year or 2 of Sun before getting easily broke due to fragility. I bunch my Styrofoam cups together in those so they don't really blow over.
tommyr liked this

Here is a fun pest control tip. Windex kills ants […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!