FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss all micropropagation related topics here.

Moderator: Matt

By darren4373
Hello everyone!
Sometime back,I have problems with my medium.Plants just turn yellow white.So I bought a new batch of medium from a more reliable sources.My vfts and sundews are doing well.But now i faced another problem.

My vfts are dividing very quickly but not growing into big plants.They remains around 3cm diameter with lots of plantlets.I am using 1/2MS and 1/3MS 30g sucrose/litre but no luck with them growing big.

I divide them every 3weeks and put them in new flask but it grew more plantlet instead of bigger plants.

Anyone faces this problem?

Thanks in adavance!
By darren4373
Thanks for your help!

No hormone is added from the beginning.They are grom seeds.

I have seen some one used 1mg/litre BAP and 0.2mg/litre Naa.Does anyone have any idea what is it used for?

I will give 25g of sugar a try!And see how it goes
Thanks!
By Doomsday
darren4373 wrote:Thanks for your help!

I have seen some one used 1mg/litre BAP and 0.2mg/litre Naa.Does anyone have any idea what is it used for?

Thanks!
Hormones can be used to induce shooting/rooting/callusing/etc. A balance of cytokinins and auxins is often used to induce callus growth. I am growing some dionaea seeds on callus media, and instead of growing like yours, they are turning in to little blobs:
By xr280xr
darren4373 wrote: Anyone faces this problem?
Yes. I've had one grow fairly large in TC and the rest do like you're saying in what should've been the same media. I don't know the answer though.
By Matt
Doomsday wrote:I am growing some dionaea seeds on callus media, and instead of growing like yours, they are turning in to little blobs:
I've seen a few people do this over the years and in all cases I can remember, the seedlings never start growing correctly after germinating on hormones.
By TCGator

[/quote]

I do not understand why anyone would wish to use BAP with their VFTs. All the cultivars that I have experience with multiply very well without the use of cytokinins such as BAP. 0.2 mg/L NAA is an auxin and can perhaps work to help offset excessive branching. My gut tells me that perhaps the best best bet would be the following: 1) try 0.2 mg/L NAA, 2) increase your cycle time to 8 weeks until your height improves, and 3) break the clumps up into smaller pieces.

Good luck.
Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! […]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!