FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

List the plants you grow

Moderator: Matt

By Grey
Given my grow list a good clean out; I'm down to minimal plants now, a huge thanks to everyone who took some off my hands all those months ago! Hopefully I can focus my attention on the few I have left and really give them the best care possible.

Hoping to repot the Mexican Pinguicula this spring in a purely mineral growing mix, sat in some sea shells I bought a year or two ago specifically for the purpose. Got some orchid fertilizer going and will give that a go, too. Orchids themselves are actually bursting into life, they really like this mild winter weather! Lots of new roots and two flower spikes coming up. Apparently I'm not the only one having a sudden burst of orchid activity.

Also hoping to repot the Utricularia as they are struggling a bit in their tiny glass cube; I've got an old food processor plastic unit thing that I'd like to repot them in... I'll post pictures if I do. In the meantime the winter die-off in the Utric cube is being kept tidy by a bunch of teeny snails and a lovely juicy worm that's grown up in the cube. Mini ecosystem, yay!

Part of me does miss all the plants on the windowsill but honestly rehoming and "putting to rest" a large number of them was the best thing to do. My health has been up and down, as usual, but that's not really a bad thing. The ups are definitely on the up, as are the downs praise God.
By Grey
I think it's about time I updated this list, huh? I did repot the Utricularia into a small trough successfully (scrapped the food processor unit); many of the calycifida leaves have died off but the sandersonii is doing very well considering the dramatic and rather brutal nature of its repot. I came across at least half a dozen worms while sifting through the cube which was good fun.

The Mexican pings are now in a large shell in a mostly mineral media; they're not doing too bad. I may just repot them back in a pot but will keep them in the shell if they don't show any signs of decline.

Lots of little warm temperate Pinguicula sprouts going on at the moment, which has been an immense blessing to me.
By Grey
Added the following plants:

Pinguicula aphrodite
Pinguicula gigantea 'alba' x moctezumae
Pinguicula jaumavensis
Pinguicula kondoi
Pinguicula laueana 'CP2'
Pinguicula moranensis
Pinguicula pirouette
Pinguicula "Zaphod" (laueana x emgarinata) x laueana)
Pinguicula "Zarniwoop" (P. laueana crimson x (laueana x emarginata))
By Grey
Right, well, unfortunately a change in circumstances leaves me without any space to provide for carnivorous plants for a while, so I've rehomed my collection. They've gone to a good home, and I'm confident that they'll flourish for a long time to come, but I am sad to see them go!

I'll still be around to help out with any questions and ramble about various random things. :-)

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240424/a61a408[…]

Bag them for a month, opening the bag every day or[…]

Flower stalks for sale

I have three sundews, a typical red VFT, and ten V[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@optique , We call it turf, I've used it before o[…]

where is a good place to buy vfts in australia. he[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

For me it grew tall leaves with small traps, but v[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!