FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about terrariums, mini bogs, greenhouses and other growing environments

Moderator: Matt

By tannerm
Building my own custom plexi enclosure for my plants. I want to set up two small fans opposite one another that will run on timers to act as exhaust and intake fans to recirculate air every so often. Ideally a shutter fan or a duct exhaust fan would work, but every single one is way too big/powerful. I only need the airflow of a 120mm computer fan, but the problem is those don't seal off very well. Separate Vents that open automatically would be great, but I can't figure out that either. Any ideas? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By Smooter80
The seal doesn't have to be perfect and I don't know if you want it to be. I just use a piece of plastic that blows open. If you want it to look good, maybe some 060 acrylic or an even a more thin soft plastic would work.

I'm just using a single fan I took from a broken Xbox. It wasn't very powerful until I bumped up the amps a little. Now it's great.

If you need any building tips let me know. I professionally did custom plastics for a while.
By tannerm
Smooter80 wrote:The seal doesn't have to be perfect and I don't know if you want it to be. I just use a piece of plastic that blows open. If you want it to look good, maybe some 060 acrylic or an even a more thin soft plastic would work.

I'm just using a single fan I took from a broken Xbox. It wasn't very powerful until I bumped up the amps a little. Now it's great.

If you need any building tips let me know. I professionally did custom plastics for a while.
So simple, I can't believe I didn't think of that. I can just use some of my old greenhouse plastic (it's a little thicker) and use 120mm CPU fans. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Not what you would expect...

The old trailer is kinda spooky as it is, withou[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!