FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about fluorescent, LED and other types of grow lighting for Venus Flytraps and other plants

Moderator: Matt

By lavandulum
I've been searching around the boards and the rest of the internet for a couple days now but can't seem to find a straight answer for this question.

I just purchased this LED light: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01 ... UTF8&psc=1 and it's my first time using one. I've got a pair of nepenthes, a couple trays of baby sundews, a mexican ping, and U. Sandersonii underneath it right now, but how close should they be to the light?

Thanks for the help.
By Shadowtski
I had a 45 watt LED, just gave it away to my daughter. I had it above a 10 gallon tank. It was about 6 - 9 inches away from the plants. I replaced it with a 75 watt LED. I also just bought two 300 watt MarsHydro LEDs that draw about 132 actual watts each. I'm changing over my T8s and T5s to all LED lighting.

Good growing,
Mike
By Adelaide
Hey lavandulum, I have 45 watt panels too. I can't say for sure what dostance is best, but I have some of my plants almost a foot away and they're still doing great. Though I'm sure like any other light, the closer the better, as long as they are getting hot/dried out.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk
Basal shoots cutting questions

Took 5 basal shoots off the mother that were rootl[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

For me it grew tall leaves with small traps, but v[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

the media looks like peat? Did you add water and f[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Counting to infinity.

Beautiful - nice to see your signs of spring!!

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!