FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Places to buy Venus Flytraps and other carnivorous plants.

Moderator: Matt

By Earthy
last week I had ordered a P. Esseriana and 2 bags of their all-mineral mexican ping mix. I received it today, and omgosh it's so pretty and healthy and cute (it's the size of a quarter)!!! here's a pic of it all potted up in the mix (you can see a leaf that broke off from underneath at the bottom of the pic; I figured I'd see if it strikes lol):

I'm really liking the all-mineral mix too; so I went ahead and repotted my Sethos into it too (now I can reuse my perlite lol)...overall I am happy with my order. the only exception would be that the LFS it was in wasn't very damp; I shudder to think what condition it would have been in if it had been delayed at all. the LFS was almost dry :-/
Earthy liked this
By Earthy
ikr? that's what I said when I found it in the LFS lol...I say found because it was so small and dainty it kinda was lost in there :lol:
By katya_dog1
If there was only one Pinguicula I could (try) to grow, it would be Esseriana.

Beautiful plant!
By Earthy
I posted an updated pic in the ping forum! She's starting to get in the winter leaves :D
By Bob Beer
I'll second the thumbs-up for Cascade Carnivores. I ordered P. cyclosecta, laueana and agnata "scented flower." The laueana was quite large, the cyclosecta was a clump of three, also blooming size. The agnata seemed to have had a problem with the stress and browned rapidly; I let Ron know and he immediately replaced it. More recently I ordered P. Moranensis "Vera Paz" and P. "Köhres"; both plants were in excellent condition and were blooming when they arrived.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What’s happening

It was rot Im not sure if it was root rot or crown[…]

Please and thank you!

Dang. That is huge!

For $7 I'd have to pick one of those up myself!

Congrats on being a new flytrap owner! The trap wi[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

I got you. Order received. Your order number is 1[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!