FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions on how to propagate your plants sexually and asexually, by seed, natural division or leaf pulling

Moderator: Matt

By TheCapedSundew
Hi all. I wasn't sure if this should go here or in the "Water Quality..." etc. forum. But my question has to do with propagation, so here we go.

I've been growing CP's for over a year now, and I'm looking to get started propagating them. What do you suggest I use for a propagation tray? Light shouldn't be an issue, since I have plenty of space both in full sun, bright shade and in-between. I do live in South Florida, which tends to be humid, but we're getting to the less-humid part of the year, so I don't know if I'll need some kind of cover.

Right now I'm going to experiment with Nepenthes cuttings in rock wool, but I'd like something I can use to propagate various kinds of CP's. I'm also interested in trying propagation in water. If there's any set-up I can use to do both, that'd be great. If not, I'd like to hear about what I can use for water propagation.

Finally, I'm open to hearing about anything, from specialized equipment to jury-rigs.

Thanks!

id just leave it on its own and itll either sort i[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! A […]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Micrantha

I have eight happy micrantha babies from receiving[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Wow, the only ones my local nursery gets (SummerWi[…]

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bloo[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!