FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By lavandulum
By some stroke of luck I think I got a Dentate (or Dentate-like clone) in a Lowe's cube a couple months ago. Now that it's producing larger traps it's apparent it's not your typical 'typical.'

What do y'all think?
Attachments:
flytrap edit.jpg
flytrap edit.jpg (45.02 KiB) Viewed 2917 times
By xr280xr
I've seen several of these (and got one myself). It seems like Botanical Wonders got a new variety that they're pushing out. I like it!
By Adelaide
I've gotten one like that from Lowe's before, nice find.

While it is lucky to find an atypical typical, I wouldn't just assume it is the Dentate cultivar since you don't actually know. Bit won't hurt to think of it as a Dentate for yourself as long as you don't try to sell divisions or clones of it as a Dentate.
By lavandulum
Haha yeah, I get that. Doing that would be highly unethical and almost the horticultural equivalent of plagiarism. :p I love the look of them and their slight pink blush.

It's very vigorous and already put out a 2nd growth point with traps that are about .5 cm across. Such a rewarding clone, whatever it is! I can't wait to take some pullings.
lavandulum liked this
By cjpflaumer
I also have one like that from Home Depot. The cube said "altman plants" it's nice when you can pick up a unique one for $5!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
By lavandulum
I'm loving that red coloration! Looks like a happy little flytrap!
By cjpflaumer
Yours will probably color up to! That picture was right after I got it. They surprisingly had it outdoors with a teeny bit of sun.

By lavandulum
I actually think it's about as red as it gets by now. It's been in full sun for about two months now and has stayed just slightly pink.
By Smooter80
CJ. Nice find. It looks a lot like my Shark's Teeth. I have yet to find anything espcially nice or different from Lowe's. I haven't seen any CP at Walmart or HD.
By cjpflaumer
lavandulum wrote:I actually think it's about as red as it gets by now. It's been in full sun for about two months now and has stayed just slightly pink.
True after a couple months you're probably right. Depends on lighting though, sometimes my propagating flytraps under lights get more red than anything outdoors though.

Not what you would expect...

But, of course. It’s always good to have one[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Ah, an Xtreem "purpurea". My favorite nu[…]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 days […]

Is my Leigh Wilkerson sick?

This was pulled out of dormancy last week. I did n[…]

I think my plant is dying!!!

But my plant I bought from the same place doesn't […]

I believe you're right, there appears to be some s[…]

Soil looks quite dry to me.

Yescom Altrnatives

always found this listing weird because it h[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!