FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By Smooter80
So I've been avoiding this for a while but it finally happened, I ordered a Nepenthes, well 4 Nepenthes.

I ordered

ventricosa X ovata

aristolochioides x ventricosa

maxima large form x burkeii

ventricosa x (talangensis x maxima)

Just common fairly cheap plants but they have to be windowsill plants that can adapt to low humidity so I'm limited on what I can attempt to grow. It may not work but with some help from this forum, I'm going to try. These are my first Nepenthes so I'll be needing lots of advice.

Hollyhock has officially and directly contributed to my CP addiction. This was completely her idea so any future consequences are her responsibility.
Smooter80 liked this
By BrandonH
Nepenthe are wonderful window plants. Try to keep them in a west or southern window for lots of light. Most highlands and intermediate nepenthes are fine with low humidity
BrandonH liked this
By Smooter80
I have a West facing window that gets about 5 hours of true direct sunlight. Would that be too much to start after the shock of being shipped barefoot? I could put them behind the sections with screens to start, my D. Adelae loves those sections.
By BrandonH
I don't think that 5 hours a day would burn a nepenthes however if you want to be on the safe side you could start them with indirect sunlight and work up to 5 hours of sun. I usually just stick them right in my south window and watch for burns on the leaves.
BrandonH liked this
1 year old cape!

Pushing out a flower stalk for the first time. […]

Congratulations! Those are beautiful plants. I&r[…]

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of […]

My sundew isn’t eating!

Sadly my leaf cuttings haven’t grown probabl[…]

Drosera germination time

Wow! Thank you very much, everyone!

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!