FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By Matt
It's been a bit of a slow start to spring here, but the Flytraps' flower stalks are now starting to mature and the first flowers are opening with regularity on many flytraps. Below are a few photos of my mother pots with flower stalk nearly mature or just maturing. FTS Maroon Monster is the first one to open in this group. Our little African violet that a friend gave us for helping her repot her Venus flytrap collection came out to the greenhouses to visit with the flytraps and see their flowers :)
The whole gang from back.jpg
The whole gang from back.jpg (258.46 KiB) Viewed 3267 times
The whole gang from front.jpg
The whole gang from front.jpg (591.56 KiB) Viewed 3267 times
Matt, Matt, Matt and 5 others liked this
By Bhart90
If you don't mind me asking, what does your location look like? I'd love to see HOW you do this, just curious Matt, I mean by the sounds of it, isn't it just you and wifey doing this?

Love to see the "facility"
By Matt
Bhart90 wrote:If you don't mind me asking, what does your location look like?
Not sure what you mean by "location", but I'm guessing you mean where we run the business? It's run out of our residence in Ashland, Oregon. We have a 0.25 acre lot with 3 greenhouses and lots of deck and yard space where we grow the plants.
Bhart90 wrote:I mean by the sounds of it, isn't it just you and wifey doing this?
Yes, for the most part, Leah and I operate the store alone. We do have part-time people who primarily pot for us. For the first time, we have someone helping with uprooting plants for orders too.
By Bhart90
Matt wrote:
Bhart90 wrote:If you don't mind me asking, what does your location look like?
Not sure what you mean by "location", but I'm guessing you mean where we run the business? It's run out of our residence in Ashland, Oregon. We have a 0.25 acre lot with 3 greenhouses and lots of deck and yard space where we grow the plants.
Bhart90 wrote:I mean by the sounds of it, isn't it just you and wifey doing this?
Yes, for the most part, Leah and I operate the store alone. We do have part-time people who primarily pot for us. For the first time, we have someone helping with uprooting plants for orders too.

Ah ,right on man!

How many plants do you think you sell yearly?
By Matt
Bhart90 wrote:How many plants do you think you sell yearly?
Uh, not sure. Been at this a few years now. It was very small in the beginning, but now it's quite busy. In the last year, we've probably averaged 10 orders a day during the spring and summer months (March through September) with about 1.5 plants per order. So do the math on that :)
Repotting carnivorous plants

the media looks like peat? Did you add water and f[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Counting to infinity.

Beautiful - nice to see your signs of spring!!

Completely agree on the Lowe’s BetterGrow vs[…]

Brushes For Pollination

Yep, I use cotton buds too, I find it easier to di[…]

Fishing

I'm in for a few bucks or so of the cultivars. I h[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!