FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By Earthy
I must have gotten fresh ones, cause these plants look really healthy! there was 4 plants in this group (and then some newly-forming divisions), and they all had nice root systems and rhizomes. I gave 2 to my mom and stepdad to start them on the path of growing CPs lol, and I kept 2. I like the razor-toothed edges to the leaves; hopefully that stays on the new leaves that grow out :)

By Kaila
ermergash! I need to go visit the nearest home depot!

edit: visited my home depot. They have no CP plants either :cry:
Last edited by Kaila on Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Smooter80
Dang you Earthy!! You made me buy another VFT. My local Lowe's had the same toothy leaf one. I found one with really arched traps. It's not nearly as large as yours but has 1" traps. My even came with a free Pseudoscorpion.
image.jpg
image.jpg (82.41 KiB) Viewed 2626 times
Smooter80, Smooter80 liked this
By Bristol
That's a healthy one for a home depot rescue. Good save. It won't last long in that pot. I could see that the LFS (media) is contaminated with green algae. I would take it out of its pot transfer to a new deeper pot with 1 part Canadian peat moss to 1 part perlite. Top water a good eight times to flush out the salts in peatmoss. (Don't use any Miracle Grow Product)
By Earthy
Bristol wrote:That's a healthy one for a home depot rescue. Good save. It won't last long in that pot. I could see that the LFS (media) is contaminated with green algae. I would take it out of its pot transfer to a new deeper pot with 1 part Canadian peat moss to 1 part perlite. Top water a good eight times to flush out the salts in peatmoss. (Don't use any Miracle Grow Product)
already did as soon as I got it (this isn't my first rescue lol...plus been growing flytraps for 2 years now). so far it's doing well; it's not really growing but that's to be expected after a repot per the usual "behavior" lol...
Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

the media looks like peat? Did you add water and f[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Counting to infinity.

Beautiful - nice to see your signs of spring!!

Completely agree on the Lowe’s BetterGrow vs[…]

Brushes For Pollination

Yep, I use cotton buds too, I find it easier to di[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!