FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post any care guides or tutorials here.

Moderator: Matt

By coline
Even so, minimao made a very good point, as these 3 years have past and I have followed this chart very carefully to make my full lowland-intermediate collection I've seen some interesting discoveries among it regarding to what the plants like.

As I live at 600m in a valley, which makes it have good fresh (18-22º) but not cold nights and hot days (28-30+) I've seen that some of these plants as N. peltata, which later on I read about it lived on the mountains of Phillipines in a similar way to the ones in Palawan (which I visited), did not like my climate, so I took it to my house at 1400m and it finally made pitchers.
The chart says just 800+m, which in theory is completely normal and fine for all the plants I grow here, including Rubus sp. On Rubus I've got plants at 2500+m and took them to 600m and they make fruits and grow perfectly fine, other cases of plants are not as successful, it is terms of adaptability, which it seemed that N. peltata failed on the test.
On the other hand, you see on the chart N. rajah as 1500+ and I have grown them very well for about 3 years at 900m.
N. fusca with a range of 300-2500 seems to not like it too much but still grows at 600.

Adding temperatures would be a major addition but also a difficult one, as the notes usually taken on field plants on site don't include the average temperatures, maybe someone may have them specifically for some of them, but as long as what I've read, I've seen no books or readings mentioning more than ranges of what is called lowland-intermediate-highland temperatures in general.

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! A […]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Micrantha

I have eight happy micrantha babies from receiving[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Wow, the only ones my local nursery gets (SummerWi[…]

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bloo[…]

Sarracenia ID

They're either leucophylla or x moorei (flava x l[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!