FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about terrariums, mini bogs, greenhouses and other growing environments

Moderator: Matt

By coline
Hi, I was going to make a greenhouse here for highland plants, and well, I'm going to place all CPs inside because it is getting increasingly hot every new year.
The plan is to have it insulated so that temperatures no higher than 22ºC are registered during the day.
So as I live on a tropical country, what people call a "greenhouse" here is a plastic, shade cloth, or corrugated plastic covered place with open pass to the air around it, and no one that I've ever known has ever made one of the real greenhouses like the ones you guys may have in USA, Europe and other cold places.

My specific question now was upon the materials to make one, I'm going to use steel or aluminium framing (thermites and fungi everywhere) and glass, polycarbonate or other clear material for the walls and roof.
I was suggested for the roof once that I needed to get multi wall polycarbonate, one that has worked well is said to be a 2.5cm (1in) thick. But I have never seen those around or know how to order them. I've seen some of them are with 2 or 3 walls.
Which one is the correct one to order, what specifications do I need to look for when buying, thickness, number of walls?

And for the walls, shoud I use that same material or is it better to have glass?
Not what you would expect...

But, of course. It’s always good to have one[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Ah, an Xtreem "purpurea". My favorite nu[…]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 days […]

Is my Leigh Wilkerson sick?

This was pulled out of dormancy last week. I did n[…]

I think my plant is dying!!!

But my plant I bought from the same place doesn't […]

I believe you're right, there appears to be some s[…]

Soil looks quite dry to me.

Yescom Altrnatives

always found this listing weird because it h[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!