FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Announcements, as well as comments and suggestions about the FlytrapCare Forum itself. For all Forum members.

Moderator: Matt

By xr280xr
The news view is having some layout issues on Safari for iOS:
image.png
image.png (150 KiB) Viewed 3849 times
image.png
image.png (51.74 KiB) Viewed 3849 times
By xr280xr
I use it all the time, but not from my phone very often. It seems to show the most recent active threads on the "board" (not sure if that's the right term) as well as the last 10 active topics in the whole forum. What's nice about the former is it shows a preview of the post. Looks like it's not specific to iOS Safari. It looks the same if I shrink down Chrome on my PC. I'm not 100% sure, but I thought it used to stack the "News of venus flytraps" and "Last 10 active topics" sections like it does now, but use the full page width for each. Right now it has inline styles setting their widths as a percentage of the full width regardless of their orientation with one another.

What do you use to keep up w/ postings? I've always been unsure how "New Posts", "Unread Posts", and "Active Topics", under Forum Links, are defined.
By Matt
Interesting. I will try to find some time to look into it and see if I can fix the formatting issue. These sorts of HTML/CSS issues are not my forte. I'm more of a programmer, not a designer :)
xr280xr wrote:What do you use to keep up w/ postings?
I just use the "View Unread Posts" link. That way I am sure to read every post:
http://www.flytrapcare.com/phpBB3/searc ... nreadposts

It's linked at the top under the "Forum Links" menu.
By xr280xr
Matt wrote: I'm more of a programmer, not a designer :)
Same here. I've been forced to learn a lot more CSS than I ever wanted to. Luckily browsers (ahem..ie) are finally getting much closer to respecting the standards. There's probably a more elegant solution, but it seems like setting a min-width on the "column" divs that currently have the % widths might work. No rush to fix it for my sake. Like I said, I don't use it on my phone very often. It's way too annoying to try to type posts on an iPhone.
Matt wrote: I just use the "View Unread Posts" link. That way I am sure to read every post:
Are they unread by me or unread by anyone?
By Matt
xr280xr wrote:There's probably a more elegant solution, but it seems like setting a min-width on the "column" divs that currently have the % widths might work.
Thanks for the tip. I'll remember that when I get the motivation and time to look at it :)
xr280xr wrote:Are they unread by me or unread by anyone?
Just the posts you've not read.
Matt liked this
Hello, New to the forum

I wish! These are city slicker deer. No hunting […]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Hello again, from Texas

Welcome back to the forum! Be sure to check out th[…]

Counting to infinity.

DragonsEye, I definitely did not know that, either[…]

All Mineral Media

I find pure turface stays too wet in my conditions[…]

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of mine[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!