FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live outside the US, UK or EU

Moderator: Matt

By Mufasa
Sup all, it's a bit of a long shot, but i'd like to get some ready stratisfied sarracenia seeds.
i would prefer a mix of varieties, but if you have any at all, please PM or post here.
thanks.
Last edited by Mufasa on Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
By YaronR
To startify seeds, all you need to do is put them with some damp sphagnum in the fridge for a couple of months before sowing.
I myself actually leave the seeds out in the winter, on the surface of a pot, ready to go.
By Mufasa
Well, the seeds i bought a couple months ago, the seller had told me they had already been stratisfied, but now it turns out they hadn't

i had hoped to start some with the season starting here in australia, but now i can't, i have some in the fridge now, but i'm impatient, and frankly, i didnt have that many seeds to begin with.

thanks
By stephen777
Mufasa wrote:Well, the seeds i bought a couple months ago, the seller had told me they had already been stratisfied, but now it turns out they hadn't

i had hoped to start some with the season starting here in australia, but now i can't, i have some in the fridge now, but i'm impatient, and frankly, i didnt have that many seeds to begin with.

thanks
I have some fresh seed I collected from some plants of what I think are S. 'Evendine', but they could be crossed with almost any other plant in my collection or self pollinated as they were not protected from insects. (I don't really have any use for seed that I don't know what it is.) I collected them last Autumn and in my experience with fresh seed you can sow without stratification, but you get about a 30% to 40% germination with the other seeds germinating the following spring. If you want I can send more then 100 seed for about 3$ plus shipping from Vic to you. pm if ur interested. :)
By Mufasa
Thanks, closed, have bought some fresh seeds from stephen, he said around 40% should germinate without stratification, which is good with the number he sent.

have placed approximately half in soil, probably will try to stratisfy about 1/4th of them, and try some tissue culture on the remainder

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! A […]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Micrantha

I have eight happy micrantha babies from receiving[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Wow, the only ones my local nursery gets (SummerWi[…]

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bloo[…]

Sarracenia ID

They're either leucophylla or x moorei (flava x l[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!