FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By tish
New Droseras from BCP!
There was a small mass order and here came my plants, I didn't order much as I have been buying plants a lot lately. Luckily I sold some of my existing surplus plants so I can cover back some $ spent. I went straight for drosera because I've been getting VFT lately. My 2 out of 3 sisters , Schizandra and Prolifera had die in my care few months back, So I thought I get myself the niece for a try, Andromeda Schizandra x Prolifera.

Here's the D. Andromeda 7th from BCP

Roots are pretty good too

Potted up in Sphagnum/Perlite mix

Another plant I got was an interesting one, Drosera Oblanceolata {true, Hong Kong}

What a lot of plants but little roots

I've potted up into 2 pots, big ones in Sphagnum/perlite and small ones in Peat/silica/perlite

The seeds of D. Hartmeyerorum, not alot and I can't remember if this was even a bonus item. Anyway, potted up in Sphagnum/perlite, but I think I should have use a more loose and lest water retain mix.
tish liked this
By tish
jadewuvchicken wrote:I never knew that :D Where do you get it? I'm having some trouble germinating nepenthes seeds so this sounds like something I should look into.
Most cp nurseries selling seeds with straitification requirement should have them. This is a bonus item i select from BCP

Sent from my SM-N9005
tish liked this
By tish
There was this Lynx spider lurking among the plants, I was lucky to see it caught a fungus gnat fly, I think the fly trip on one of the web string and I saw the Lynx spider flash our of it's spot lightning fast and back again with the fly in it's fangs, boy that was some show! I quickly took my smart phone and file what happen later...

here's the video...
Best viewed in 720 or 1080 hd and full screen. (option at setting icon bottom right of video)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYYBGzsdJJ0[/youtube]
tish liked this
By tish
This is getting crazy. I have gotten myself somemore Nepenthes. My tray is filling up with them! I had some of the new ones in the corridor (sheltered outdoor) outside my house too. If they can do well there, I'll be putting more of them outside.

Nepenthes Viking Seed Grown

Nepenthes Lady Luck (Ampullaria X Ventricosa)

Nepenthes Ampullaria Green - I like this one very much, it has a nice lime green look to it..

This is what I have now in my indoor bookself setup and this last tray is all filled up!

Meanwhile on the outside..........

The ones outside my corridor- There is 2 different Hookeriana and 1 Amp.

Nepenthes Ampullaria Green - I split this up and there is 1 of them indoor as you can see above

Nepenthes Hookeriana unknown as I cannot see any pitcher properly yet. Could be a tri color

N. Amp. Green and the N, Hook, unknown sitting together

Nepenthes Hookeriana Spotted with red peristome
By tish
There's been quite alot of photos I've taken for the past 2 weeks, so I thought photo bomb in those post with some minor captions.

N. Gracilis at my mum's garden - A bag worm decides to hang aroung for a few days,,

N. Rebecca Soper, the leafs has colored up nicely in reddish bronze

N. Rebecca Soper - A house spider mama with her eggs all ready to hatch..

N. Bicalcarata - Pitcher has recently opene

N. Rafflesiana - Peristome looks cool

N. Rafflesiana - It's growing well, so I thought I feed it some snacks

N. Ampullaria Tish NP 06 - The new pitcher is suffering some stress maybe, lid has opened prematurally

N. Hookeriana Tricolor - Pitcher lid has open recently

Right..... enough of the pitcher plants. Let's jump to dewy plants

D. Capillaris - flower stalk spliting up nicely, but the flower didn't bloom, there was a sudden drop in temperature of 5C during the blooming, so I thought they were stressed.
https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5735/198 ... 7a53_b.jpg

D. Beleziana - A cutting growing up well from a good friend.

D. Intermedia Big Audrey - They don't do well in clumps, after potting them individually, they grow well and color up nicely.

D. Sessifolia - what remains from a pot of seedlings, 6 grew up well, the other half are in another pot. 2nd flowering, I decided to let it flower since it is more stable now.

D. Auriculata (red form Tub 001) - Seed germination and I'm pretty excited having my first tuberous sundew.

Mix Sundew in a bottle :) I forgot what I put in there but there were 3 different types.

D. Venusta - seed harvest, very healthy and fresh, jump to my sale page on top if the page to get some seeds :)

Some other CP ...

Byblis Liniflora

Heliamphora Minor
By tish
I had the opportunity to visit a great collector's CP collection. It was an eye opener. There were many variety and most were Low and Intermediate nepenthes. I'm pretty new to the Nepenthes world so I am not able to identify what they are, but I bet most of you do.

There is almost 40 over photos here, no caption.

tish liked this
By Jds
Awesome collection of lowlanders!
I love that N.ampullaria"lime twist" i.e. pic no.6.
I always wanted to have one but it's always out of stock in all online Cp stores. :(
By the way,I have the plant no.28 but it's very young.
By tish
Jds wrote:Awesome collection of lowlanders!
I love that N.ampullaria"lime twist" i.e. pic no.6.
I always wanted to have one but it's always out of stock in all online Cp stores. :(
By the way,I have the plant no.28 but it's very young.
Thats cool. I too like the pitchers with lime green peristome. No. 28 is a rafflesiana or a hybrid. Really awesome plant :)

Sent from my SM-N9005
Drosera germination time

Wow! Thank you very much, everyone!

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of mi[…]

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!