FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By katya_dog1
I've finally sowed my fresh VFT seeds, one batch. These are a more typical mix, I have my other crosses separate. I will try as hard as I can to follow these seedlings as they grow. :) To be safe I'll say photos twice a month, that ought to be often enough to be easy to follow without being monotonous.

Sowed seeds in a 72 cell tray. I had more than that, but I tediously placed 72 seeds, one in each cell, and then I just sprinkled the rest evenly. That's what you call "lazy, but don't care". After all, they'll be fine. I'd post pictures today, but as a matter of fact it would be a tray of LFS and peat moss, which tends to be boring. So I'll wait two weeks, germination should occur by then, and there will then be pictures.

I'll follow the other crosses in this thread when I sow them as well.
By katya_dog1
Okay, I did NOT forget about this... I simply did not see germination until today, so no use posting if they aren't germinating, right?

Anyway, got two sprouts so far, I do hope there will be more. It's been nearly a month, and so I wonder if these seeds were perhaps harvested too early. They came from my typical, and they were slightly smaller than my Maroon monster and Fts Etna seeds.

Well, we shall see. I'm going to sow my FTS Etna and Maroon Monster seeds in hope of better, faster germination.
By Abeginner
Hi just a quick question, can you show me a picture of what the seeds look like as they begin to break open? I just sowed mine a some odd days ago and the piece coming out is white with a reddish color and I am not sure if they are vft. I have an order of seeds coming from FTS, but If these are fake Id rather know now then later! Thanks again.
By hollyhock
http://www.flytrapcare.com/phpBB3/journ ... journaling. I have been following this thread his pictures are outstanding...scroll down to almost the bottom of the linked page for close up shots of seeds opening. Hope this helps with your seedlings.. :D
hollyhock, hollyhock liked this
By katya_dog1
Abeginner wrote:Hi just a quick question, can you show me a picture of what the seeds look like as they begin to break open? I just sowed mine a some odd days ago and the piece coming out is white with a reddish color and I am not sure if they are vft. I have an order of seeds coming from FTS, but If these are fake Id rather know now then later! Thanks again.

Thank you hollyhock for the link to Hebtwo's thread, as I would not have been able to show those pictures. I have a good camera, but I am a terrible photographer. :oops:

still growing, inside pitcher still looks OK hopin[…]

Hello everyone! Looking for D. anglica plants for […]

Is This What To Look For?

Correct.

https://i.imgur.com/iSo5l71.jpeg https://i.imgu[…]

Unknown pest?

Those little bugs sound like they could be springt[…]

Thoughts on Predatory Plants

i have a 10 or so neps. i got from them, always he[…]

Anyone had experience with these cultivars? Venus[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!