FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By Abeginner
:D I have learned a lot through these forums and wanted to say thank you. I read about getting leaf cuttings and decided to give it a try in my terrarium, it worked!! I have about five more starting as well!! Sorry the pic is a bit blurry.
Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg (103.25 KiB) Viewed 2337 times
Abeginner liked this
By Abeginner
Sure after reading up on leaf pullings I decided todo it! i had to do a bit of house keeping on my vfts and I pulled a few leaves off as low as I could get them, as a bit of rizome needs to be included,and put them in a small terrarium that had a led light included! Every so often I would check it and had to cut some of the blackened end off, but after a few months this is what I've ended up with, and I'm a proud mama. I know there's other ways but this is the only way I've tried it.
By Intensity001
I'm definitely gonna try that someday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By Abeginner
You certainly should. I had about six or so leaf cuttings to begin with and not all of them took, but now free I succeeded with those two I had to try again and now I have about five babies. They don't all have their roots yet but they are doing great so far! I figure it's a great way to et more of the plants that I adore with out the cost, plus I get to watch every step of the way! My next adventure is going to be starting them from seed, I am anxious to try this!!
By Abeginner
So I have an update on the leaf pullings I had done and here is a pic of them now!
Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg (492.32 KiB) Viewed 2095 times
Abeginner liked this
Repotting carnivorous plants

the media looks like peat? Did you add water and f[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Counting to infinity.

Beautiful - nice to see your signs of spring!!

Completely agree on the Lowe’s BetterGrow vs[…]

Brushes For Pollination

Yep, I use cotton buds too, I find it easier to di[…]

Fishing

I'm in for a few bucks or so of the cultivars. I h[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!