FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By Leo756
Okay, so I don't normally play with toys anymore, but I just couldn't pass this one up! It was being sold as a dollhouse accessory for when you're doing a Halloween or haunted house type theme. (I had to paint its "tongue" by hand to make it more accurate.)
mini flytrap paint job.png
mini flytrap paint job.png (834.93 KiB) Viewed 3596 times
Leo756, Leo756 liked this
By Jds
Looks better than before,will look awesome if you attach some hairs(I don't know what those hair like projection are called) too!
At present it looks like coquillage. :)
Jds liked this
By Leo756
Jds wrote:will look awesome if you attach some hairs(I don't know what those hair like projection are called) too!
Yeah, I thought about doing that, but I haven't quite figured out what to use for it yet. Since it's a dollhouse accessory, it's much smaller than it looks in the pictures. The whole thing is only about two inches tall and the "mouth" part is only 5/16" across, so each cilia would only need to be about the size of a human hair! Even if I used something like bristles from a paintbrush, I'd have to use tweezers to position them and I'd probably screw the whole thing up trying to glue so many in place. :?
By Leo756
Jds wrote:Where can I find your growlist(with images)? :)
Sorry, I've never taken the time to write up a grow list. There's nothing really unusual or spectacular about my collection, so I never thought anyone would care. I lost a lot of my plants to mold last summer from too much rain, so I'm certainly no expert yet!
By Leo756
Well, it finally dawned on me why this thing has always seemed so familiar. I never really noticed how similar it was until I happened to glance at one of the tags in my plants... Well, duh!
similarities.png
similarities.png (791.93 KiB) Viewed 3396 times
Leo756, Leo756, Leo756 liked this
By katya_dog1
I love it! I need to make myself one of those for my desk....
By Leo756
No, no!!! Sunlight would make the paint fade and rain will wash it right off! :P

I can vouch for this statement. Trader Joe's had a[…]

Congrats on being a new flytrap owner! The trap wi[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

I got you. Order received. Your order number is 1[…]

I think I could achieve something similar wi[…]

Not what you would expect...

There are no mounds of moss in the picture. There[…]

Damn, I think one of the sundews rotted away. No i[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!