FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By minion
So I have been introduced to the "seedy" underworld of the venus flytrap market. I bought seeds from both China (http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/6650 ... 0929434964) and from a US seller on ebay who probably also bought seeds off Alibaba and repackaged them for sale on ebay (http://www.ebay.com/usr/emerta_inc?_trk ... 2749.l2754).

Both sellers sent me Morning Glory Seeds. I thought I should share the sellers so others dont make the mistake of buying from them as well. : P
Attachments:
Seeds received from wonderful China
Seeds received from wonderful China
20150603_120132.jpg (406.33 KiB) Viewed 8538 times
By nimbulan
As a general rule, I don't trust any seeds from China. They regularly advertise old, unviable seeds and even completely made up plant varieties. You don't really have any recourse if they send you the incorrect item or bad seeds either.
nimbulan liked this
By minion
nimbulan wrote:As a general rule, I don't trust any seeds from China. They regularly advertise old, unviable seeds and even completely made up plant varieties. You don't really have any recourse if they send you the incorrect item or bad seeds either.
Yes, I ordered these seeds understanding that the seeds could be fake. Alibaba is giving me a refund, but it is $5.98 so meh. I also discovered that my local hydroponic store sells legitimate products so I will be buying from them. : )
By cdelavan
I have heard some horror stories concerning ordering CP seeds from Ebay and especially China. There seems to be a lot of deception and fraud.
By minion
cdelavan wrote:I have heard some horror stories concerning ordering CP seeds from Ebay and especially China. There seems to be a lot of deception and fraud.

What is crazy is the amount of money these clowns make selling them. What is even crazier is the positive feedback they get for selling fake seeds.
By tilelayer
i bought some from a canadian seller, they sold me 10 seeds which i think is a joke. They are real they are growing, 4 popped up so far. They are like wacky traps are something weird.
By omnipercp15
It's probably positive because the seeds arrived on time, etc, and so good feedback was put there. But it will take several weeks or months for germination. At that point, there is also the question if the person may have done something wrong and didn't get germination. This is probably why selling seeds, like fake CP seeds, is still an on-going business.
All Mineral Media

I just got the Pinguicula soil mix from CalCarn […]

Counting to infinity.

FTS Deep Red Guerrilla

they are waking up! https://i.imgur.com/d7iJ3aF.[…]

What’s happening

Im not sure how strong the grow lights are but the[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Here is the photo, didn’t upload for some re[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

That is one heck of a setup. What are all the larg[…]

Yescom Altrnatives

Not the exact same as it is 150W but might work ou[…]

So this is the only "lone wolf" that I h[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!