FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By IHaveNoIdea
I edited this thread, it might be more interesting this way. You can show us your pets here :) Many of us have very interesting pets (Like Grey and her cockroach), but dogs and cats etc. are welcome here too :)

So say hello to my little friend :lol:
P_20150330_163251.jpg
P_20150330_163251.jpg (703.77 KiB) Viewed 5665 times
Last edited by IHaveNoIdea on Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IHaveNoIdea liked this
By IHaveNoIdea
I named him Mr. House, so now he is even cooler :D
By Doctor X
Last edited by Doctor X on Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
By IHaveNoIdea
Siosanea Bidensula (Sesarma bidens)
4.jpg
4.jpg (46.88 KiB) Viewed 5616 times
4549564.jpg
4549564.jpg (21.94 KiB) Viewed 5616 times
IHaveNoIdea liked this
By IHaveNoIdea
Little update.

The crap... I mean the crab is still alive, but smells like crab.. I mean crap.

He is slowly getting used to my presence, so he doesn't hide so much. I change his water every two days, because there is not enough water to put a water filter in there.

Almost whole day he is hidden in his lair. Comes out at evening. It is interesting to watch him eating, especially when I put a small fish in the aquarium. And once I tried to put earthworm in there.. what a fight!
By Cleo_13
IHaveNoIdea wrote:Little update.

The crap... I mean the crab is still alive, but smells like crab.. I mean crap.

He is slowly getting used to my presence, so he doesn't hide so much. I change his water every two days, because there is not enough water to put a water filter in there.

Almost whole day he is hidden in his lair. Comes out at evening. It is interesting to watch him eating, especially when I put a small fish in the aquarium. And once I tried to put earthworm in there.. what a fight!
What size fish does he eat and how many per day? Do you have to have a whole other tank full of feeder fish? I've never had anything but cats for pets. And plants, of course.
By IHaveNoIdea
He eats once a day. I give him something to eat in the evening and next day is the food gone. But sometimes he comes out of his den early and I see him eat. He doesn't eat much. He is a scavenger so he eats everything. I feed him mostly with dry food for crabs and crevettes, but from time to time I like to give him something special. My father has a few aquariums. On of them is feeder fish tank (Well, I use it as feeder fish tank). :lol: So, one small fish dissapears from time to time. Like I said, another good food is a small earthworm. You can throw him some vegetables too. But, like I said, he will eat almost everything. I even see him eating driftwood. :?

Look for some caresheet on the inernet, there is lot of basic info about them (size of the tank, their habitat and stuff). There is not much information about feeding, but I have already written it here. Just one thing - they are really cheap. So if one days, it will not empty your pockets :mrgreen: I bought mine for 3 bucks.
By IHaveNoIdea
Well, I don't really like frogs too much.. :mrgreen: but those geckos are beautiful! I have always wanted leopard gecko, but I wouldn't have enough space for him :x
What species are those frogs?
By rayneger
they're the worlds largest. They're called African Pixie Frogs.
Easy to take care of, just water and moss for them to burrow.
All you have to worry about is the size of the large tank, and
the amount of food he has to eat. They eat around 4 fully grown dubia roaches a day. LOL XD the fat pigs they are.

Thanks everybody for all your advices and giving m[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

I have found neps to be slow, especially when they[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , You can send me the info sure, thank[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Here we have a volunteer who is sharing their flyt[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

This is the best I can offer since I do not grow i[…]

You should post one in the photo contest. I would […]

Along with that ^^^^, something I had heard to m[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1644. I'll PM[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!