FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

List the plants you grow

Moderator: Matt

By katya_dog1
Yeah, I realized that after I typed it in. :) Just got everything potted up, my potting is DONE for my sarrs.
By katya_dog1
Leah Wilkerson, Alata Red Black x willisii, and S. x 'Mardi Gras' coming soon!
By katya_dog1
Coming from Victor Holland... Leuco Purple lips x flava v. cuprea. CANNOT WAIT!
By katya_dog1
MWAHAHAHAHA!!! First two plants from Phil, S. x 'Royal Ruby' and S. x 'Reptilian Rose' coming!
By David F
Hey Katya, that list is looking pretty swell.

I have some more indica seed if you are still having troubles with them. Let me know!

-David
David F liked this
By katya_dog1
I went ahead and gave some away on another forum. The weather is finally warm enough for them to go outside, so I will try with my last packet.

Do you think LFS, milled or unmilled would be any better or worse than 100 percent peat? Is there another mix that would work better?
By David F
If you can get some sand/perlite/lava rock/hydroton(clay balls) basically anything to break up the soil they will be happier.

They will germinate on lfsm, but they really seem to hate it compared to peat/sand.

Peat/sand is optimal and these plants are less sensitive to minerals/hard water, so you might get away with using something other than pool filter (silica) sand, as long as you rinse it well.

I don't think they would do terrible in pure peat, but certainly better with some kind of aggregate.
By katya_dog1
All right, I will go ahead and use perlite in the mix. I tried germinating mine on sphagnum, and while they did okay for a while they got too wet and rotted.
By David F
Oh, and remember how you were saying you saw some red indica seedlings?

Well there are a few of mine that have turned almost completely red, I'm guessing they won't keep this characteristic, it seems that they'll do that if underfed and given a lot of light.

Mine are very close to the growlights and after being fed and established, I've not noticed any color but pale green.
By katya_dog1
David F wrote:Oh, and remember how you were saying you saw some red indica seedlings?

Well there are a few of mine that have turned almost completely red, I'm guessing they won't keep this characteristic, it seems that they'll do that if underfed and given a lot of light.

Mine are very close to the growlights and after being fed and established, I've not noticed any color but pale green.

Yes, I see. Same with VFT's, the more you feed them, the faster they grow, the less color they get. The less you feed them, they look good.
Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

the media looks like peat? Did you add water and f[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Counting to infinity.

Beautiful - nice to see your signs of spring!!

Completely agree on the Lowe’s BetterGrow vs[…]

Brushes For Pollination

Yep, I use cotton buds too, I find it easier to di[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!