FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By SwiggityStag
I was very excited to come home to this healthy little plant after work today. Unwrapping it carefully, everything was perfectly packaged and the plant is so beautiful, I really did feel like it was Christmas. I snapped this picture after lightly rewetting the slightly moist soil. (With distilled water! :mrgreen: ) My next buy is definitely the Paradisia I think! Any opinions?
Attachments:
bristletooth
bristletooth
IMG_1930.JPG (74.4 KiB) Viewed 2883 times
By SundewWolf
Nice choice! FTS has really good plants and set you up with quality substrate.
SwiggityStag wrote: My next buy is definitely the Paradisia I think! Any opinions?
Get a crazy one like Trichterfalle! That's one of my favorite cultivars because its just extremely bizzare, as if VFTs weren't weird enough lol.
By SwiggityStag
SundewWolf wrote:Nice choice! FTS has really good plants and set you up with quality substrate.

Get a crazy one like Trichterfalle! That's one of my favorite cultivars because its just extremely bizzare, as if VFTs weren't weird enough lol.
Yes, I was definitely impressed by that and it's one of the reasons why I got my plant from FTS.

I've been curious about plants like the Trichterfalle and ones like the Mirror, do the malformed traps make for a weaker plant over all? Do they have trouble eating?
By SundewWolf
Not really, Trichterfalle seems to grow just as vigorously as my other flytraps. It makes normal shaped traps too, so it catches insects in those.
I don't have much experience with "mirror" but I think it can catch insects as well.

There are some like "cup traps" which have been bad growers for me though.
By SwiggityStag
xr280xr wrote:Looks great! Just wait till it starts growing. Looks like it's going to be big!
I think it will be big to, I swear it has grown since last night already!
By SwiggityStag
kcbugs wrote:I like my 2 Paradisia. They are a, relatively, less expensive cultivar, and are quite vigorous.
I ended up ordering one last night, I got a starter so my two plants will start around the same age. I was really tempted by one of the limited reserve plants but I figured I should get some experience caring for them before I get a expensive cultivar.
By katya_dog1
My wantlist goes G16, paradisia, coquillage. So, in my opinion it is a beautiful cultivar. :)

EDIT Man, I am having trouble spelling today.
katya_dog1 liked this
Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, I just wanted your thoughts on Dionaea m.[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

the media looks like peat? Did you add water and f[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Counting to infinity.

Beautiful - nice to see your signs of spring!!

Completely agree on the Lowe’s BetterGrow vs[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!