FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss all micropropagation related topics here.

Moderator: Matt

By Mufasa
So a while ago, i had interest in making a TC set up, was kinda halted when i couldn't find a cooker capable of 10 psi

does anyone have any experience with cheap pressure cookers capable of less, do they still work? or is 10psi necessary?
By plantmanmax
It actually needs to go to 15 psi to be sterile. Look it up on ebay sometimes you can find cheap used ones.
By Mufasa
Sorry, that's what i meant
just been looking around a bit more, highest rating i can find, desregarding price on a digital unit is 13kpa...

i'd really prefer to have a digital/self regulated rather than having to baby a non-digital unit

what do you guys use? might be easier/cheaper for me to buy a standard unit + a electric hotplate, perhaps standard pressure cookers are typically able to take higher ratings, regardless of price?
By xr280xr
I use this and it works great. I got a 2 piece set on sale. I don't think it's what you're looking for, though. http://www.amazon.com/Fagor-Splendid-6- ... ure+cooker

I suppose an electric one would be nice if you could just set it and forget it, but the nice thing about mine is the only thing that can go bad is the seal, which is replaceable.
By Darlingtonia
HI
Arooj

If You are new, I would recommend You MS medium.
Works on popular, carnivorous species. About sugar as well, depends what You wish to do. Micropropagation is trouble enough, at first You should feel comfy with simple methodology.
By Mufasa
Just wondering, do these manual pressure cookers always come with a pressure gauge or something? the picture on that amazon link looks like it doesnt have one, how do you know if it's working correctly?

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 days […]

Is my Leigh Wilkerson sick?

This was pulled out of dormancy last week. I did n[…]

Not what you would expect...

Why, the portion cup in front of the binata in the[…]

I think my plant is dying!!!

But my plant I bought from the same place doesn't […]

I believe you're right, there appears to be some s[…]

Soil looks quite dry to me.

Yescom Altrnatives

always found this listing weird because it h[…]

Advice On Using Pool

I'd just use the pools as giant saucers.

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!