FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Jeremias159
Hi, i have had this nepenthes for about 1 and a 1/2 months, and i put it next to my venus flytraps. One of them was doing quite bad, and still is(picture 2). But my other flytrap is doing really good, and has lots and lots of traps, without one malformation. It is also flowering. So i thought my nepenthes alata should be fine, and didnt worry about it to much. But now my nepenthes is starting to show a malformation as well, but it is an old leaf. Alltoger the plant has three leaves, plus one that has nearly finished growing. It has no pitchers though(not yet, but hopefully soon coming). Is my plant ok? Should i do something? The plant sitts in a mixture of half sand and half coconut fibre.
I know that the picture is not that clear, but it is something the rest of the plant doesnt have.
Please help me. ;)
Picture: 1
Picture: 2
By Jeremias159
Maby.... but then why is my other venusflytrap growing really good? The three plants are in the same medium, and get the same type of water.
By Dematerialize
Some plants may be weaker or more vulnerable to toxins/chemicals/minerals like all living beings. For example, I had four D. Capensis...one never seemed to grow or develop even though the others thrived and grew normally next to it. Eventually it died. If you can't figure out what's wrong after you've tried everything then just remember this happpens sometimes.
Dematerialize liked this
By Jeremias159
No, not really... I just poured in the water amount it said i should and mixed it with washed sand. What happened to it before i got it, i dont know. But there were no extra minerals in there. I am wanting to exchange the mixture with pure spaghum moss in the next few weeks(hopefully).
By Jeremias159
Should i cut of the misformed traps now that i have planted them into sphagnum moss?
By Mufasa
I don't think you should, i dont think they are doing harm, just photosynthesising while they are still green
Mufasa liked this
Repotting carnivorous plants

@optique , We call it turf, I've used it before o[…]

where is a good place to buy vfts in australia. he[…]

Fishing

Hi Chef, I'm interested in whatever you have that […]

Basal shoots cutting questions

Took 5 basal shoots off the mother that were rootl[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

For me it grew tall leaves with small traps, but v[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!