FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By tish
I was told by a friend there is a nursery where they sells a lot of CP. I went there to find out, I also bought myself 2 VFT there. I was hoping to see some cultivar there. I didnt not set my hopes high knowing that cultivars are not highly seek in my small country/Island.

I was quite happy when I started seeing CPs. There were indeed many. But you know I prefer VFT. Was very happy to see some nice VFT and start asking the staff what cultivar they were. Later, was disappointed when I already knew there won't be any. So they are all TYPICALS.

BTW, these CP were imported from Malaysia, a nursery in Cameron Highlands.

Just like my other Thread on FarEastFlora. If moderator see these thread inappropriate . Kindly please remove, thank you.

World Farm 24 March 2013 - a photoset by Tish on Flickriver

After looking very closely at the VFT for a long time. I conclude that they probably were clones or seeds from 2 very obvious traits. 1. Big traps like the giant - Low giant/ Big mouth 2. Dantate, look at the cilia! I pick 1 from each and brought home some of the biggest traps I can find there.
Also, did you notice many of the flower stalks were cut/snip off? Either itchy hands or the owner decide to let the VFT grow.

Last edited by tish on Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
tish, tish, tish and 1 others liked this
By tish
Matt wrote:Very nice looking nursery!
Thanks Matt, it could have been nicer if there were cultivars :)
BearZerkerr wrote:Wow I remember when you posted pictures of this place earlier, I might have to visit Singapore just to go to this nursery. Very nice, thanks for posting this! :D
the last time I posted was another nursery, Far East Flora. This one is World Farm, a lot bigger - more variety. You really should keep this place in your itinerary. Also , Singapore is a food paradise, you'll put on a lot of weight here hehe :)
akinkysnorlax wrote:WHY CANT WE HAVE THESE NURSERIES IN NEBRASKA?!
I hope you could have one soon in your area, so you can show us how it looks like. Thanks for dropping by :)
tish liked this
By hackerberry
Whoah, that big of a Ceph for 38 bucks? Nice pics. Thanks for posting.

hb

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of […]

My sundew isn’t eating!

Sadly my leaf cuttings haven’t grown probabl[…]

Drosera germination time

Wow! Thank you very much, everyone!

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!