FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By Mufasa
so, this morning i came out to check on my plants, at about 10:40 , my smallest plant ( a division of a larger plant) had been ripped out of the pot, and was on the ground next to it

what could have done this and why?
i immediately picked it up and put it back in the pot, but i think the roots have been damaged, they were somewhat dry when i picked it up, the leaves were still green, and i watered it

is there any way to save the plant? or is there too much stress done to it?

pretty devistating considering it is my first division/clone

also, i have some bamboo stakes arranged around my plants as sort of a miniature fence to hinder my cat & small animals from getting at it

any thoughts? :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
By Cory
Hard to say what pulled it out but if it wasn't setting out to long it should be fine as long as there are still roots.
Just give it some time
By Mufasa
dumb birds! will have to put some cds or something around it

there were some roots left on it, i feel like they were probably not as deep as they should be though
By xr280xr
Birds, squirrels, and cats can be problems. I haven't had the squirrels mess with mine here but I have had birds do what you're describing. I think they see the green and get curious and come down and peck at it to see what it is, or think it's a bug and just grab it, then spit it out when it's not what they expected. They may also be going after left overs in the traps, not sure. Moving mine away from places where birds like to perch and prey helped (such as my fence & my tree).
By tommyr
Yeah, bird most like. Build a cage with chicken wire to go over it. Or find one of the netting like covers that go over food outdoors during BBQs.
By Goodkoalie
Most Likley bird. Although cats might do it to. My neibor feeds the feral cats in the neighborhood so They always visit my plants as well. They have broker several sarracenia flower stalks and they aye several of my flytraps

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Here is a fun pest control tip. Windex kills ants […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!