FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Moderator: Matt

By kev_sav
I'm thinking about making myself a rainwater harvesting system small enough to be on my apartment's balcony,
but at the same time big enough to get a good amount of water.

Due to the fact that I'm renting the place I can't make any modification to the gutter.

and I wonder if anyone here have idea or have seen something that can help me.
By roarke
If the neighbours are not trowing garbage and cigars on your balcony rooftop/windows etc, use a plastic neon cover (wich is a plastic circle cut in half on its lenght and protects the neon inside it). With the plastic cover, divert the rain upon opening the window and let it drop in a bucket. Diverting the long plastic from your window, stop the garbage to, if they ocur. Watch the process or talk to your neighbours, so they won't trow cigars on your plastic neon cover. Wrap with a cord or something the plastic neon cover, so you will not hold it yourself. When it is night, remain in the dark, to see if the above neighbour open the light/talks/smoke on theyr window. I will make a topic on how to get water other way.
By kev_sav
Lol ... Actually I'm a french Canadian.

The guy say he can fill the half of his container with 5 hours of a normal rain.
By Mufasa
You could also look into building a solar still, relatively inexpensive, and can convert a few gallons of water a day (from what i've seen)

i've been looking to build one, just waiting to come across a suitable sheet of acrylic or glass

sometimes it doesn't rain here for a while, so if i had a still, hopefully should produce enough atleast to maintain my plants

edit: i'm going to try to find a used picture frame, and take the window out of it to use in a still, other than that, you just need some scrap wood, black silicon, and something to catch the water at the end
Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

the media looks like peat? Did you add water and f[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Counting to infinity.

Beautiful - nice to see your signs of spring!!

Completely agree on the Lowe’s BetterGrow vs[…]

Brushes For Pollination

Yep, I use cotton buds too, I find it easier to di[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!