FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Viridis
It has slightly more than a week since I have my drosera from the shop. Through my other thread, I was told to put it under direct sun which I did and in less than a few hours one of the stalk decided to bend down and up. I can see new growth from the media too and just now I notice a worm like on the weird stalk. Can someone tell what the hell it is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By Ras
np
As far as them bending over all mine do this too, it might be due to med-low lighting or they might just do this naturally as they get taller and have nothing to lean on. A lot of pics i have seen of them in the wild they are growing next to tall grass to lean on example. Or it could be due to low amounts of food because I have also seen them in low light and still growing upward example As long as you can still give them enough light when they crouch low to the soil like that they are fine, but if you dont like the slouched look you can add a crutch for it to lean on similar to what you see vines growing on in peoples gardens, such as grapes, morning glory's etc etc.
By Viridis
Hello thank you.
Mine just bend over while being outside. It's sitting on the south facing window. And catching quite a bit of food for themselves. And I do had to put a piece of wood to help stabilize it as the 2nd stalk is also leaning downward with a arch towards the sun. I can see a 2nd flower stalk coming up. Now are these self pollinating. The first on is coming up nicely but it grow so slow.
Image Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Repotting carnivorous plants

I repotted my new young carnivorous plants (see im[…]

Brushes For Pollination

Yep, I use cotton buds too, I find it easier to di[…]

Hey there, welcome to the forums! If you have a[…]

Fishing

I'm in for a few bucks or so of the cultivars. I h[…]

It's all good, just funnin'. SASE received. Order[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

1 year old cape!

Update on the plant in the first post. It has for[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!