FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By avogel
Dear Flytrap Care,

It has been a while since my last visit. I figured I would inform, and show the progress that my plants have made through the summer months. My plant has almost doubled in trap count, while trap size has maintained a consistent uniform standard. There are two rosettes, probably two different plants. I have also helped a friend out with a VFT from Home Depot that would not thrive. It as well has come a long way. Here are some pics for you to see of two very health happy VFT plants In North Jersey. Soon to approach their hibernation period. They receive almost 6 1/2 hrs of direct sunlight, and 5 hrs of indirect sunlight. watered with only rain water. Distilled water in a pinch though. Enjoy! and thanks for all your help when I was a newbie! Now i'm a well trained VFT grower, and handle all aspects of growth myself, soil mixing, water schedules ect. Thanks for all the help!

Andy- sorry cant seem to upload my photos, maybe later!
By Kevonicus
Congrats on the good work! As you know, flytraps aren't all that demanding once the basic criteria's are met. I also enjoy helping friends grow their first flytrap because rarely do people see a venus flytrap in their true light once its cared for properly, especially ones bought from home depot. Once you get through dormancy you will be an experienced grower! Post some pics when you get a chance, good growing! :)

Hey there, welcome to the forums! If you have a[…]

Brushes For Pollination

I just use Q - tips and they work pretty well for […]

Fishing

I'm in for a few bucks or so of the cultivars. I h[…]

It's all good, just funnin'. SASE received. Order[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

1 year old cape!

Update on the plant in the first post. It has for[…]

(Canada) Y's Exotics Group Order

Hosting this on the CPSC Forums (although you don'[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!