FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By SEWinans
These guys are finally starting to look nice after a few tough years. There is a typical in the middle of the pot.
Attachments:
20140820_135432-1.jpg
20140820_135432-1.jpg (76.21 KiB) Viewed 3966 times
SEWinans, SEWinans, SEWinans and 1 others liked this
By SEWinans
Matt wrote:Gorgeous! Amazing plants Sarah!
Thank you! I bought a big mouth from you guys a few years ago. After coming close to death more than a few times, it has become many and they have finally started to take off ! :-)
SEWinans liked this
By SEWinans
Dionae wrote:That looks awesome!! Wish I was better at growing VFTs.
Thank you! Actually, the big mouth that divided into all of these was the first Venus flytrap that has survived my care. I am just finally starting to get the hang of it. :-)
SEWinans liked this
By Bristol
B-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l Fly-traps!............very healthy. Got to be several pots of flytraps in there. Nice and clean too. Please share your means and methods...great job. I hope my Big Mouth VFT's get that big someday...................................
Bristol liked this
By SEWinans
Bristol wrote:B-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l Fly-traps!............very healthy. Got to be several pots of flytraps in there. Nice and clean too. Please share your means and methods...great job. I hope my Big Mouth VFT's get that big someday...................................

I'm so sorry I didn't see this sooner. Thank you for the kind words :)

I don't do anything special I guess...

I do have an obsession with pulling off dead and dying leaves. I have needle nose tweezers specifically for it. I have a small, cheap greenhouse that I keep all of my VFTs in to protect them from the rain. I prefer to be able to control how much water they get. :) I bottom water mostly. Umm... I've really learned everything I know from this website.

I just switched to 100% New Zealand LFS this year. I'll post pictures later in the growing season :) everything looks a little sad now. They're still recovering from the shock of being repotted.
By Alex2893
i bet if Matt had that pot and had it up for sale it would be in the uber premium section :)
By Jds
Awesome.
How many Big mouths are in there(approximately)?
The one trap which is exactly middle of the image looks somewhat similar to Matt's profile picture.
Repotting carnivorous plants

I repotted my new young carnivorous plants (see im[…]

Brushes For Pollination

Yep, I use cotton buds too, I find it easier to di[…]

Hey there, welcome to the forums! If you have a[…]

Fishing

I'm in for a few bucks or so of the cultivars. I h[…]

It's all good, just funnin'. SASE received. Order[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

1 year old cape!

Update on the plant in the first post. It has for[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!