FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Say hello and tell everyone a bit about yourself.

Moderator: Matt

By frye329
Hello all! So I just bough a trap the other day...I've had it home for two days and it looks like it's dying :(.....all the leaves are closed and it's all shriveled up. Is this a common thing? Please help! I have repotted it but followed the "guidelines" in doing so. I don't want it to die :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By SundewWolf
It looks like there are 3 dying traps and 2 green healthy traps. As well as some new ones emerging.
It seems to be fine, and that just the old traps are dying off and will be replaced by the new ones.

They also probably all closed due to repotting. That often triggers them to shut for a little bit.

Given good sunlight, and proper media moisture your plant will thrive. I'm not sure if you plan on growing it under lights or in the sun. Either way acclimate it so not to further stress it.
By killerplants4realz
SundewWolf wrote:It looks like there are 3 dying traps and 2 green healthy traps. As well as some new ones emerging.
It seems to be fine, and that just the old traps are dying off and will be replaced by the new ones.

They also probably all closed due to repotting. That often triggers them to shut for a little bit.

Given good sunlight, and proper media moisture your plant will thrive. I'm not sure if you plan on growing it under lights or in the sun. Either way acclimate it so not to further stress it.
Hey do you have any wooly sundew seeds? I cant seem to find any. And the ones I did cost way to much. I have a large bog I made and also grow seeds in garage. If you have any wooly sundew seeds that would be the best. Thanks Sundewwolf.
By killerplants4realz
SundewWolf wrote:It looks like there are 3 dying traps and 2 green healthy traps. As well as some new ones emerging.

Hey do you have any wooly sundew seeds? I cant seem to find any. And the ones I did cost way to much. I have a large bog I made and also grow seeds in garage. If you have any wooly sundew seeds that would be the best. Thanks Sundewwolf.
By killerplants4realz
SundewWolf wrote:I wish! Sorry, but I don't grow any wooly sundew species yet.
Did you get my address? I thought I was on private chat and grey saved me from my info being out. Thank goodness. How are you? I got a wooly sundew!!!!!!
By SundewWolf
killerplants4realz wrote:
Did you get my address? I thought I was on private chat and grey saved me from my info being out. Thank goodness. How are you? I got a wooly sundew!!!!!!
sorry! i never wrote it down.
By killerplants4realz
SundewWolf wrote:
Can you private chat me? I dont know how?
By killerplants4realz
SundewWolf wrote:
How do you private chat?
By killerplants4realz
SundewWolf wrote:
Send me a message on private chat. I will write you info.
Unknown pest?

Those little bugs sound like they could be springt[…]

Is This What To Look For?

Update: Just a couple pics of the end (beginning[…]

Thoughts on Predatory Plants

i have a 10 or so neps. i got from them, always he[…]

Anyone had experience with these cultivars? Venus[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

Let me put a couple things together and I will pos[…]

So I thought I would enter my 3 sticky guys that I[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Without pics of the location of the trigger hairs […]

Hello all 👋 as post says looking to procure a Regi[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!