FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By Matt
Dionae wrote:You don't remember me telling you I was going to just call it black because someone already used BT?
Now that you say that, I do remember! :oops:
Dionae wrote:Might just call it Darth Vader lol.
Hah, that would be a good name!
Matt liked this
By Dionae
Matt id like to apologize to you for the name. I just hope people don't take all VFT names so literal. Can you imagine getting complaints Dracula "...doesnt say I vwant to jrink your blahd!!" or "my werewolf isnt fuzzy and never howls at the moon!" or Jaws "doesnt look enough like a giant mechanical fish!"!?
By Matt
Dionae wrote:Matt id like to apologize to you for the name.
No apology necessary!
Dionae wrote:I just hope people don't take all VFT names so literal. Can you imagine getting complaints Dracula "...doesnt say I vwant to jrink your blahd!!" or "my werewolf isnt fuzzy and never howls at the moon!" or Jaws "doesnt look enough like a giant mechanical fish!"!?
:lol: Seriously, Leah and I were making the same jokes yesterday, saying something like we hope people who want an 'Alien' flytrap don't expect the plant to actually be from another planet :D
Matt liked this
By mnwatson1
Matt wrote: :lol: Seriously, Leah and I were making the same jokes yesterday, saying something like we hope people who want an 'Alien' flytrap don't expect the plant to actually be from another planet :D
Awww, you mean there's not a plants of hungry-jawed plants just waiting to take over the Earth? I'm disappointed now! Image

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk
mnwatson1 liked this
By Dionae
Few comparison pics of my red clone, Crimson Sawtooth and Maroon Monster. I tried to use plants of similar size. The only difference is the CS and MM are in full sun and my red clone gets shaded part of the day.

I'm sure those of you that own them know CC and MM get much darker later in the season. So does my clone. I need to get them into full sun and see what they do in intense light all day.
Attachments:
CS and my clone
CS and my clone
DSCF5344.JPG (197.78 KiB) Viewed 3970 times
MM and my clone
MM and my clone
DSCF5346.JPG (184.12 KiB) Viewed 3970 times
MM
MM
DSCF5347.JPG (197.94 KiB) Viewed 3970 times
CS
CS
DSCF5348.JPG (203.53 KiB) Viewed 3970 times
My clone
My clone
DSCF5349.JPG (181.87 KiB) Viewed 3970 times
Dionae liked this
By kronos1996
Damn! I was going to suggest 'Black Velvet' and 'Amethyst Falls' too bad you already chose a new name... 'Black hole' doesn't sound half bad either.

Can you do TC? if not it might behoove you to send Matt a few more specimens to propagate. Red VFT's are my favorites which I grow almost exclusively, so obviously i'm drooling all over this one! If y'all need an extra guinea pig to test it out you know where I am! Or if you just want to make some extra dough, id settle for that too.
kronos1996 liked this
By Matt
kronos1996 wrote:Can you do TC? if not it might behoove you to send Matt a few more specimens to propagate.
Eric does some TC. In fact, I think this plant was started as a seed in TC by Eric. And the plant in the photo is the plant he sent me, so I do grow it now. I plan on trying to get it in TC next spring.
Matt liked this
By Dionae
Kronos-Nice names! I actually just got a few explants flasked. They were tiny explants so I was skeptical but so far no contams...just waiting on some growth. I probably won't have any plants available any time soon as I want to grow them out to maturity and monitor them but Matt has it and I'm sure it will be available as soon as he propagates it.
Dionae liked this
Effects of Fertilizer

Without pics of the location of the trigger hairs […]

Hello all 👋 as post says looking to procure a Regi[…]

Thanks everybody for all your advices and giving m[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

I have found neps to be slow, especially when they[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , You can send me the info sure, thank[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

This is the best I can offer since I do not grow i[…]

You should post one in the photo contest. I would […]

Along with that ^^^^, something I had heard to m[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!