FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By bvalente
So here is my collection so far:

Jaws
Vigorous
FTS seed grown
And some typicals from the local nursery

The pics are at sunset so it doesn't show off some of their true color. But just wanted to get some pics of my babies up :)

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Attachments:
uploadfromtaptalk1401406972469.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1401406972469.jpg (644.55 KiB) Viewed 6863 times
Last edited by bvalente on Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bvalente, bvalente liked this
By ItsMeRonilo
Pure LFSM?

Sent from my Arc using Tapatalk
By bvalente
ItsMeRonilo wrote:Pure LFSM?

Sent from my Arc using Tapatalk
Yes
By opiumisback
I grow in all LFSM too. Works great. That Jaws has some great red in it 5th pic.
By cdelavan
Very impressive collection you have there sir!
By bvalente
Matt wrote:Looking good!
Thanks Matt, if it weren't for this forum I would be lost! So appreciative of the advice you and everyone else have given me.
opiumisback wrote:I grow in all LFSM too. Works great. That Jaws has some great red in it 5th pic.
Thank you, I was using a 50/50 mix but I like lfsm better. I think my plants do too.
cdelavan wrote:Very impressive collection you have there sir!
Thank you! I'm going to get some better pictures up soon since those were taken at sunset. I really love this hobbies and am very passionate about it.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
By bvalente
I will post pictures in some better daylight (instead of the previous sunset) in a few weeks. The seed-grown I got from the FTS is very interesting (I want to order another one! :D ). It has the appearance of the microdent/sawtooth teeth, upright leaves with deep red coloring. However the leaves are naturally yellow. I don't think it is stress or sunburn because even the new growth is yellow/red, but I will keep you updated.

By the way, fun fact: I found a centipede in some wood and fed it to my seed-grown, it didn't like it very much :lol: Within 5 days almost the entire leaf has turned black, however it has 2 new leaves already growing.

The rest of the VFT are doing great! The coloring is amazing, whatever bugs I can find I will give it to a trap if the plant hasn't been fed in a week. Even the Vigorous that was really sulking for whatever reason after shipment, is doing great! Has it's first baby trap out and I fed it some dried bloodworms, closed extremely quick! Quicker than any of my other traps by far. Since the trap was so little it was a little tough to get the food in (kinda pulled some out on the toothpick upon removal, so I had to sort of jam it back in so it was all in). I find it pretty easy to use this method.

Can't wait to post some new pictures for you guys, for a first time grower I think I am doing pretty well and am loving this hobby :!: :D
bvalente liked this
By Matt
bvalente wrote:I will post pictures in some better daylight (instead of the previous sunset) in a few weeks. The seed-grown I got from the FTS is very interesting (I want to order another one! ). It has the appearance of the microdent/sawtooth teeth, upright leaves with deep red coloring. However the leaves are naturally yellow. I don't think it is stress or sunburn because even the new growth is yellow/red, but I will keep you updated.
Sounds pretty cool! We definitely have a ton of very nice seed-grown plants, all of which can't be named :)
By bvalente
Here's an update on some of them:

Jaws

Some of the Jaws babies:

No idea where this little guy came from, he's new. Only has two traps. Literally just found him!

My Vigorous is coming around. The old growth is ugly from burns but the new growth looks great! Left the old growth to help it photosynthesis, this thing loves to clump:

And my array of Typical from the local nursery:

Another Typical, goofy looking trap though:

Loving this hobby! Some of the traps are shut because I have been feeding them regularly with bloodworms and they love it! Growth has exploded and even helped being some of the struggling traps back. I have one of my first VFT, a Typical, that is flowering again. I think this time I'm going to let it, it's been outside during the entire process this time so I think it can handle it. My flytraps have been doing great, the coloration could be a little better but that's because I just fed some of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bvalente liked this
By bvalente
Matt wrote:Looking good Brian!
Thanks Matt!! :D
By bvalente
Just gave all my plants a good feeding of some dried bloodworms, I will put up some pictures of all my plants in a week or so. I think everyone will be pretty impressed with their growth :twisted:
bvalente liked this
By Rmac88
Your traps look great! Can't wait till mine are growing that big!

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Drosera germination time

Re: germination time, I got some d. madagascariens[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Hello, New to the forum

And if the deer runs, be sure to track it down. A […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!