FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By Rmac88
So unfortunately due to the horrible weather, I have officially lost all of my plants. I'm not set back though, I went to home depot and was lucky enough they had just got a shipment in. Of course I jumped on it and bought two healthy looking vfts. When I got them home I took them out of their little pathetic pots and cleaned them off. After soaking I found out I didn't have two plants, but four!

As I was repotting them I noticed a healthy trap with white from the rhizome was dangling off, so I took it and potted it in moist lfs, maybe I will get a strike!

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk
By Rmac88
Oh I bounce back quick! After my first winter going so badly im determined to shelter my plans from the weather next winter, therefore I've tasked myself with building a small greenhouse box I can keep them in outside for winter. Gives me a nice summer project to work on!

By Rmac88
I forgot to mention when I was cleaning them before repotting a tiny little chunk of white rhizome with a single root and two little green leaves broke off. I didnt know what to do with it so I just planted it in the middle of the big pot. Any chance of that growing?

Perlite from Ebay

The website, http://www.perlagro.co.uk/product/per[…]

Yescom Altrnatives

I was considering this brand but it seems to be ou[…]

Will it likely recover?

Definitely chop the flowers off this year to help […]

Water Lettuce

Water lettuce is very calcium hungry for me, to th[…]

I didn't pollinate any of them. I'll be surprised […]

All Mineral Media

Do people generally buy the 50lb bag of turfac[…]

belloda requests D. capillaris (Butler Co., AL), […]

Another eBay Deal

Wow. Thats seems like a really good deal.

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!