FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss non-carnivorous plants here

Moderator: Matt

By VenusFlyTrapLover
Well I got my waterwheel plant today, I would post pictures but it's like really tiny. Anyways, how do I set up it's water aquarium? I bought this big large plastic bin, and put some peat-moss at the bottom of it, then I poured a gallon of Distilled water inside(I will pour more once I get this problem fixed), and the peat-moss will not flow to the bottom, it's like it is repelling water.. Do I wait for a little while more? Will the peat-moss sink later?
By cjpflaumer
Read up on California Carnivores about making the aquarium for them. It had very detailed info if I do recall correctly.
By VenusFlyTrapLover
Goodkoalie wrote:Yes the peat moss can sink, you generally need to wait a week before you put the plants in, but
Yeah I remember hearing that.
By VenusFlyTrapLover
I already made a aquarium for them, put some gravel and a bit of peat moss in there, and a machine to keep water-movement. But they sink to the bottom, I think they have developed the buds that make them sink when it is winter, but I have a light that is shining on them as-well, it should get warm in there soon, as I have a heater warming the room at the moment.

a table with under bed totes painted white used […]

These are argentine ants, to the best of my know[…]

Mixing small amounts of miticide

maybe make an intermediate stock solution that you[…]

worm in substrate?

might be fungus gnat larvae

Unkown sarracenia

I got these sarracenia from sarracenia northwest a[…]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!