FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By sbrooks
I wanted to add this to the main seedling thread, but I am only capable of adding photos through the "upload attachment" link, which disappears when replying to another thread/post. Here's my best baby (started 4/13):
Attachments:
"Feed, My Pretty! Feeeeeeeeeed!
"Feed, My Pretty! Feeeeeeeeeed!
baby vft.jpg (80.74 KiB) Viewed 2413 times
By Veronis
sbrooks wrote:I wanted to add this to the main seedling thread, but I am only capable of adding photos through the "upload attachment" link, which disappears when replying to another thread/post.
Very good-looking seedling. :)

If you're trying to post an image via Flickr or something like that, see Steve_D's reply here: http://www.flytrapcare.com/phpBB3/the-f ... ml#p149957

Here's how to post a pic to an existing thread, whereas the image exists on your computer (as opposed to online somewhere such as Flickr, Photobucket, etc.):

1. First, go to the thread: http://www.flytrapcare.com/phpBB3/the-f ... 15568.html

2. Scroll to the "Quick Reply" area at the bottom of the first page, and click the "Post Reply" button instead of using the Quick Reply method (which doesn't have a way to add attachments).
Alternately there is also a "Post Reply" button at the very top of every page as well.
Post_Reply.jpg
Post_Reply.jpg (44.64 KiB) Viewed 2404 times
3. Click the Upload Attachment tab under the large text box, and then click the "Choose File" button to attach a photo.
Upload_Attachment.jpg
Upload_Attachment.jpg (32.01 KiB) Viewed 2404 times
4. Once selected, click Add File. This will attach the image to your pending reply.
Attach.jpg
Attach.jpg (16.19 KiB) Viewed 2404 times
5. Once attached, type up your reply in the large text box and click Submit as usual.
Note: The "Place Inline" button is what I used to attach these images in the middle of my text, or "inline". If I hadn't used "Place Inline", all four of these screen shots would appear at the very bottom of this reply, after all the text.
Finalize Msg.jpg
Finalize Msg.jpg (42.99 KiB) Viewed 2404 times
Veronis, Matt liked this
By sbrooks
Thank you, Veronis, for taking so much time to help me with my frustration. Much appreciated. Same to you, Steve. And everyone else who has attempted to teach me about this mysterious device they call a computer. All of my computer photos are over 1 MB, so I was told to go to a site that will resize them, such as Flickr, on this thread: http://www.flytrapcare.com/phpBB3/probl ... 16099.html No one told me how to then get them back onto this site, so there were lots of fun experiments involved. In a few cases, I resized them and sent them back to my computer, but it would not let me specify which folder in Pictures I was putting them in, so then I spent forever searching through my picture folders like a moron. Anyway, I'm going to try to add a picture right now:
MY BIGGEST TRAP; APPROXIMATELY 1 INCH
MY BIGGEST TRAP; APPROXIMATELY 1 INCH
7689197492_e91386e5cb_c.jpg (43.79 KiB) Viewed 2385 times
Yay! I think maybe I got it (for now)!
By Steve_D
Inserting the picture worked! Thanks for letting everyone see your beautiful Flytrap, sbrooks. :)
Steve_D liked this

where is a good place to buy vfts in australia. he[…]

Fishing

Hi Chef, I'm interested in whatever you have that […]

Basal shoots cutting questions

Took 5 basal shoots off the mother that were rootl[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

For me it grew tall leaves with small traps, but v[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

the media looks like peat? Did you add water and f[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!