FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By roarke
Besides the other drosera c. i have, one is small like others, but after a long time, it has not developed carnivorous leaves. Is under the same light as others in the same pot. If it is not growing, it must be some genetics fault or may i try and put above it some time, a humidity dome or something to get it start developing carnivorous leaves ? Btw, i forget how a non carnivorous leaf is called.
By Kbud
Hmm. Interesting... I would probably not use the dome as it can only harm the plant. Humidity plays no role in dew production. If your plant looks almost like a bud (hibernicula), it is probably just dormant. In that case, I wouldn't worry, as it is totally natural. It probably isn't a fault in the genetics, but if it was self-sown, you never know. If your plant is still not doing very well, I would give it some orchid or bromeliad fertilizer. You will have to research how much because I haven't done that myself. If you go this route, just make sure that it is not the Miracle-Gro brand.

Good growing and I hope this helps!

Kbud

P.S. a good spot to know more about Drosera is www.growsundews.com. That might help answer your question. If the problem persists, I wouldn't worry too much because you said you have other copies of the plant that are doing fine.
Finally

Finally getting some adult shaped pitchers after m[…]

Question Pest Control

Most growers opt for natural or organic pest contr[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! A […]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Micrantha

I have eight happy micrantha babies from receiving[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!